Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

1 hour ago, thunderball said:

One Twitter ITK is all over this, says he signed on Wednesday everything agreed. The ITK is very protective over his credibility, says it’s nailed on pending medical.

Butland isn’t in the country currently. It may well be agreed but he hasn’t signed.

• Like 2

David Turnbull's potential £3m switch to Celtic hangs in the balance after the Motherwell midfielder rejected their offer.

A club record fee was agreed on Wednesday between the Fir Park side and the Scottish champions.

But the 19-year-old player and Glasgow club could not reach an agreement over personal terms.

Celtic have now released a statement to say the "magnificent" offer made to Turnbull has not been accepted.

"Currently, we have been unable to come to an agreement with the player's agent," said Celtic.

"Celtic FC is content that it has made a magnificent offer and it is now up to the agent and player to decide if the player wants to join Celtic.

"If not, we move on."

BBC Sport has learned a number of clubs are monitoring Turnbull's situation, including Barnsley who have already had a bid for the Fir Park academy graduate rejected.

Sources close to Turnbull confirmed the Celtic offer has been rejected, insisting the player will continue to keep his options open.

Turnbull, who scored 15 goals for his boyhood club last season, has two years left to run on his contract.

I don't know who he is but for £3m get him signed

Edited by rodders0223

1 hour ago, Xela said:

No clubs down there as big as those two. Not anywhere close. 

I will agree to that, but I think the club's I'm referring to are big enough to mean being a big club means not much. To elaborate I think they may have big supporter bases but not they are not big clubs..... Both in my opinion run poorly and no guarantee that they would mix it with the big boys. They are big clubs in Scotland and that's it.

1 minute ago, Made In Aston said:

Yes. Aston villa representatives have been banned from leaving the country. Guess we will have to wait until he returns 😉

Sigh.

Ok. Can you name a single player Villa have ever signed where the medical was conducted and the contract signed while the player was abroad? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

It's difficult finding someone who is can play on the left and the right at the same time during a match though. 

McGinn could do that as a hobby, while he's playing in midfield. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

One of thesedays, we will get the right left back

Hmm... my memory for Villa LB's isnt that great - who was our last "right" left back? Bouma?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Sigh.

Ok. Can you name a single player Villa have ever signed where the medical was conducted and the contract signed while the player was abroad? 

I can't comment on medicals, because where it takes place isn't usually publicised. But I imagine that it wouldn't be difficult to use private facility in another country though.

As for contracts, I remember an interview with Merson saying he signed a contract on holiday and the infamous manager from SHA signed abroad. 

Edited by Made In Aston

12 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Sigh.

Big Wes 😁

9 hours ago, Spoony said:

Not referring to you specifically but just cos you brought them up: I’m so sick of everyone on twitter mentioning Fulham every time we are linked to someone. Like, are we not allowed to sign anyone then without “doing a Fulham”? It’s almost as tiring as wolves fans hijacking literally every tweet that’s about Villa by comparing X to some Portuguese fella. 

I’m with you, hence the “ “ .....it’s tiring!  From the outside looking in without knowing the clubs philosophy as we do it’s always going to be the comparison cause it’s a lazy one. In the same way any clubs in the championship buying all the best players in the division gambling it on promotion would be tarnished as “doing a villa”. 

16 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

I can't comment on medicals, because where it takes place isn't usually publicised. But I imagine that it wouldn't be difficult to use private facility in another country though.

As for contracts, I remember an interview with Merson saying he signed a contract on holiday and the infamous manager from SHA signed abroad. 

So you can’t.

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

Some of the Celtic players Dads weren't born when that happened. Be like Preston claiming to be a powerhouse

15 years before us and u could say same about Villa dads. So are we not a powerhouse or are we a Preston?

So whats the story with how much we have to spend in relation to FFP?  We spend over 100 mill are we going to break it?  

We need about 10 players, we sign 2 for 50 mill that leaves 6 mill each for other 8 which wont get u much in prem. We would be straight back down.