Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

Just now, HalfTimePost said:

Still at Arsenal. Rumoured to be off to Lazio for £13m.

One of those that could really pay off but feels as though there will be a player with more minutes and more proven than him for the same price or cheaper on the continent. He should've stayed at Southampton imo

Yep knew he was still on Arsenal's books but would be very surprised if he stuck. I'd be impressed if we could do much better for £13m if that's what he is available for, I think he has a big future in the defensive midfield role if he can find a permanent home. 

'We made him a very good offer' translates as we're Celtic and despite being the runaway winner of a tinpot league for the best part of a decade we still have no money and are living on a reputation that's totally undeserved. That's why we lose out on players to English championship teams, get stuck with hasbeens like scott sinclair  and can't keep anyone even remotely talented.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, villa89 said:

'We made him a very good offer' translates as we're Celtic and despite being the runaway winner of a tinpot league for the best part of a decade we still have no money and are living on a reputation that's totally undeserved. That's why we lose out on players to English championship teams, get stuck with hasbeens like scott sinclair  and can't keep anyone even remotely talented.

Well they won the European Cup just like we did so I would say their reputation is totally deserved.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, useless said:

Won't belong before we start paying thirty, forty, fifty, sixty million for players. Twenty million in this day and age is about the average price for an half decent Premier league player.

I don't think it is though.

For the top 6 teams £20 mill is pocket change.... for the other 14 teams £20 million is still a sizeable chunk and they will probably only have a couple of players in their team that cost much more than that.

(unless i'm completely out of the touch with the Premier League now).

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

Who’s Jimmy McCann?

Semi retired football agent with many contacts still in the game according to his Twitter bio. No idea aside from that though.

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Semi retired football agent with many contacts still in the game. Life long Ipswich fan. You'll probably find him on El Cabanyal beach or in the Norfolk arms. 

beat me to it!

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Well they won the European Cup just like we did so I would say their reputation is totally deserved.

Some of the Celtic players Dads weren't born when that happened. Be like Preston claiming to be a powerhouse

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Some of the Celtic players Dads weren't born when that happened. Be like Preston claiming to be a powerhouse

Their fan base is huge. They are a truly global club. The reason they can’t compete, is there simply isn’t the massive TV revenues in Scottish football that there are in the PL. If they ever moved into The PL, something mooted for years, they would be right up there with the biggest.

• Like 2

Given the £30 odd million we have spent so far, the areas we need to strengthen and who we have been linked with (if they can be believed) it looks like we could well spend close to £100m..... I have every confidence it will be more quality over qty I would expect as to not “do a Fulham”. 

Edited by Jimmyg

13 minutes ago, meregreen said:

Their fan base is huge. They are a truly global club. The reason they can’t compete, is there simply isn’t the massive TV revenues in Scottish football that there are in the PL. If they ever moved into The PL, something mooted for years, they would be right up there with the biggest.

They aren't though, could say the same for River Plate, Boca, Ajax, Red Star etc. 

Also the sectarian bullshit from both sides wouldnt be tolerated by big sponsors in Premier League

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Jimmyg said:

Given the £30 odd million we have spent so far, the areas we need to strengthen and who we have been linked with (if they can be believed) it looks like we could well spend close to £100m..... I have every confidence it will be more quality over qty I would expect as to not “do a Fulham”. 

Not referring to you specifically but just cos you brought them up: I’m so sick of everyone on twitter mentioning Fulham every time we are linked to someone. Like, are we not allowed to sign anyone then without “doing a Fulham”? It’s almost as tiring as wolves fans hijacking literally every tweet that’s about Villa by comparing X to some Portuguese fella. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, meregreen said:

If they ever moved to the PL they would be relegated with record low points. They'd have to start in league 1 to ever have a chance! 

I agree with you that they were a big club, but they are not anymore! No more than probably 20 clubs across the globe..

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1