Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

I'd much rather take the plunge on someone like Jules Kounde, right footed, ball playing CB, 20 years old with tons of potential to improve further whilst already looking good compared with Dunk who's nearly 28 and not likely to improve much more. Nothing wrong with Dunk but it's not as if he would come cheap. 

7 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

John Terry was a better footballer with the ball at his feet than Rio. Left footed, right footed. Which foot is he? I don't know. 

In my opinion, Rio was a much better centre back than Terry. Rio was a real ball playing centre back, Terry was just a brute

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

I'd much rather take the plunge on someone like Jules Kounde, right footed, ball playing CB, 20 years old with tons of potential to improve further whilst already looking good compared with Dunk who's nearly 28 and not likely to improve much more. Nothing wrong with Dunk but it's not as if he would come cheap. 

Dunk doesn’t need to improve. I’d rather not take the risk and but get quality in first and foremost. 

• Like 2

Won't belong before we start paying thirty, forty, fifty, sixty million for players. Twenty million in this day and age is about the average price for an half decent Premier league player.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

If the CB isn't Axel it will be somebody we haven't been linked with yet.

It won't be Dunk and it won't be Axel. The club have shown that they keep their cards close to their chest, so any speculation in the papers is complete BS or a very lucky guess. They don't  know anything. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tommo_b said:

Dunk doesn’t need to improve. I’d rather not take the risk and but get quality in first and foremost. 

There's room for both though this summer, it's not going to be one or the other, I think there'll be some ready to go expensive signings and then we need numbers in the squad and the B team not being u23s means there's depth to add there too!

The only thing they've ruled out are loans with no option. Apart from that they have just said o transfers where there's no value for the club, so no fat last contracts anymore. Awesome. 28 year old's these days are signing their last but one contract you'd think. Dunk in 3/4 years time will still be a saleable asset if he keeps playing at the level he has been.

11 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

For centre back options....

Alfie Mawson (Fulham - aged 25) or James Tarkowski (age 26 - Burnley) could be worth looking at.

wolves meant to have enquired about Tarkowski.

Mawson is the most overhyped dud in top level football. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Johnnyp said:

Mawson is the most overhyped dud in top level football. 

That’s your opinion. I rate him and would be cheaper option with Fulham relegated.

he can only improve.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

That’s your opinion. I rate him and would be cheaper option with Fulham relegated.

he can only improve.

He has just been relegated twice from the Premier league with 2 different teams. Not saying it's his fault but you can prove anything with statistics. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Talking of Fulham - Calum Chambers? 

Still at Arsenal. Rumoured to be off to Lazio for £13m.

One of those that could really pay off but feels as though there will be a player with more minutes and more proven than him for the same price or cheaper on the continent. He should've stayed at Southampton imo

4 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Talking of Fulham - Calum Chambers

He's an Arsenal player. But they'll be selling him for £10-15m this summer as they've got no dosh.

Never been impressed much myself.