Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

58 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Yeah. **** Delph, you don't get to come back from the way he **** us. Couldn't care less how good he is. 

Couldn’t agree more. If we have any pride at all we shouldn’t go anywhere near him. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

But this is kind of my point as to why the wealth of the owners may become irrelevant. Every club in the top flight can now spend big because of Tv money. But the top 5 or 6 can spend even more. It’s probably the same calibte of players being bought by most its just everything has been inflated. 

I really hope im wrong but I don’t think having the second or third richest owners in the league matters that much anymore. It would have around 10 years ago.

I understand your point but don't completely agree. The first big advantage we're going to (hopefully) see of having super rich owners is that we have money to spend without having to firstly establish ourselves in the league for a year or two first. I can't see Norwich or Sheff Utd being able to do this. 

The rest is a mystery I guess but history suggests that club with rich owners spend more than those who don't have rich owners.

Delph is probably the only ex Villa player that I would never want to see here in a shirt again. Biggest snake going and will never forget or forgive him for what he did

I have no issues with players moving on but there are certain ways you should conduct yourselves as a player and even more so as a man. Absolutely detest the bloke

Anyway more back on topic, Maxi would be great and although unlikely I don't think it is impossible. I believe we need to make at least 1 big signing to show our intent not just to players we want to sign but to the likes of Jack, John and Tyrone etc

7 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Delph is probably the only ex Villa player that I would never want to see here in a shirt again. Biggest snake going and will never forget or forgive him for what he did

I have no issues with players moving on but there are certain ways you should conduct yourselves as a player and even more so as a man. Absolutely detest the bloke

Anyway more back on topic, Maxi would be great and although unlikely I don't think it is impossible. I believe we need to make at least 1 big signing to show our intent not just to players we want to sign but to the likes of Jack, John and Tyrone etc

To be completely honest I have forgotten what it was all about. Was it something about him signing a new contract then saying **** it after 2 weeks?

57 minutes ago, useless said:

I wonder if some people have watched some videos of this Maxi Gomez, and thought to themselves 'he doesn't actually look that good'.

Somebody on here said he looked mobile, I didn't get that from any the videos...

It's hard to judge anybody on a bunch of selected clips though.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Somebody on here said he looked mobile, I didn't get that from any the videos...

It's hard to judge anybody on a bunch of selected clips though.

Clips I seen , he is very good getting into positions of space between two defenders , very right footed , holds ball up very well and enjoy a battle , very diago Costa type forward which is what our system requires

8 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

To be completely honest I have forgotten what it was all about. Was it something about him signing a new contract then saying **** it after 2 weeks?

Essentially was captain and set to leave, changed his mind and said he was not leaving and pledged to stay. Made a video that was played and all sorts. Then changed his mind again and left.

Wouldn't have minded too much but it was him who spoke about loyalty etc 

Just now, CosmicVillan said:

Really ?  I watched a video and half of it was him missing the target or losing possession 

The one I watched was the one that was posted a few pages back. But to be fair it was a video that was highlighting all his strengths.