Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

2 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

I don't think Chester will play again. Not at the highest level. He's a wreck, physically.

In that sense I would look at Cahill as a Terry type figure for a season or 2. Help guide younger players and add nous.

It's true we didn't hire Suso to keep fishing in British waters though. I think half or a fair portion of our signings will be left field.

Well a LB would be nice.

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

In my opinion they're on the same level, so no he wouldn't improve us.

Whether he will improve us or not only time will tell. But one has scored over 30 championship goals and had numerous assists. The other struggled to make an impact on our team. 

Same level really?

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

as sad as it might be , because Steer has played more than his part getting us up.....We need a competent keeper.

not that we need reminding .....but Liverpool more than relied on theirs.

Its going to be such am important addition.

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

we dotn need 2 left backs, really we need one, then we have Taylor or Hause that could play LB.

We don't have Hause yet. If we do get him and Mings, yes they can both cover there. We have no centre half depth though either.

Taylor is just not up to it and should be moved on asap. So yeah, 2 needed in my opinion.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

We don't have Hause yet. If we do get him and Mings, yes they can both cover there. We have no centre half depth though either.

Taylor is just not up to it and should be moved on asap. So yeah, 2 needed in my opinion.

is Yohan Barbet any good?

46 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I like the Serbian guy at Palace, can never spell his surname correctly though! Anyway strikes me as solid DM who also is good at penalties and free kicks.

15m to try to weaken a rival?

Milivojevic? I think. That's without looking.

I like him, think he's a very good player but don't think he would be available for £15m such is his importance to palace.

If we were after a new keeper and it was Butland or Etheridge, I'd have Etheridge every day of the week. I know plenty of you stopped watching Prem footy after we went down but I carried on because of playing fantasy football for money with my mates and the guy was an absolute monster last season. Cardiff would have been goners way sooner if it wasn't for him. If £10m is what they want then that's an absolute bargain! 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TRO said:

as sad as it might be , because Steer has played more than his part getting us up.....We need a competent keeper.

not that we need reminding .....but Liverpool more than relied on theirs.

Its going to be such am important addition.

What makes you think they aren't competent keepers?

Honestly, looking at what's left of our squad and the amount we have to bring in I don't think we'll be in the market for a new keeper unless an amazing deal drops in our lap.

We have too much other business to do and Steer has the confidence of the manager/defence at the moment. Having Croatia's number 1 as a back up isn't too shabby either. I trust the coaches to improve all of our keepers as well.

I think it's an area we might try to improve in the future, there are better keepers out there, but I don't think it's as pressing as other positions.

Edited by Teale's 'tache

Téji Savanier had an amazing season for Nimes in Ligue 1

He was dominant last season in Ligue 2 and almost as dominant this season i the top flight.

14 assist and a couple of goals from the sitting midfield role.

Apparently available for about £9m 

Would be  steal that. Bit of a late bloomer but still only 27.

1 minute ago, sne said:

Téji Savanier had an amazing season for Nimes in Ligue 1

He was dominant last season in Ligue 2 and almost as dominant this season i the top flight.

14 assist and a couple of goals from the sitting midfield role.

Apparently available for about £9m 

Would be  steal that. Bit of a late bloomer but still only 27.

Perhaps some of the media have seen our summer shopping list and mistook 'Tavernier' for 'Savanier'?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mjvilla said:

Perhaps some of the media have seen our summer shopping list and mistook 'Tavernier' for 'Savanier'?

That the RB from Rangers?

Can't see us getting another RB unless Bruce is buying Elmo off us.

1 hour ago, May-Z said:

In the past I'd have been happy with a lot of that list - I think powers at Villa would've been too. 

Now, all I'm interested in is what Smith wants. I think he would look at that list as examples of the exact opposite of what he looks for in a player. Even Mata who I'd love to see on our shirt.

Brahimi and Hector Herrera are good players at Porto, get them before Wolves do!

Many of the others are past their best. Ramires is still in China I guess, Welbeck and Sturridge massively injury prone, Ander Herrera is joining PSG for about 200k a week, Godin has already agreed to join Inter Milan.

There was me thinking I was ambitious wanting Milinkovic-Savic and Samuel Chukeweze.