Match Thread: Stoke v Villa

limpid

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Out of the team that smashed boro 3-0, 4 of them are playing today. Is that smiths fault?

Common sense is wasted on some I'm afraid. 

We are a shit mid table team in need of a massive overhaul. 

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Think your bang on here chap. If he is having problems with this team bring in the youth, we have nothing to lose. No one can support him for playing the same half arsed team.

Post match interviews are getting a bit Lambert for me. Always says he can't fault the effort, should have been a goal blah blah. He's certainly seeing stuff we never see in any recent game??

The team ain't great no, but he's showing me nothing!!

People already want him sacked. He does have something to lose. Throwing in kids who aren't ready just for the sake of it would be a pointless and desperate move.

The shambles Smith inherited is far worse than at anytime since our relegation imo. The vast majority of this squad needs replacing. 

I don't think it matters what permutation he selects from what he has fit.

all too samey and too many bereft of confidence.

The wingers can't create anything the Full backs can't stop anything and the 2 midfielders are anonymous.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Nothing has changed, a manager will always enter a new club praising the players, stature and fans.

Now he says they don't listen and can't play like Brentford. Can't think why they all look uninterested

Of the Starting 11, 8 won't be here next season (Expired Contracts/Loans Ending):

• Steer
  • Hutton
  • Elphick
  • Mings
  • Hause
  • Whelan
  • El Ghazi
  • Tammy

The remainder only have one year left in their contracts and could possibly be sold:

• Hourihane
  • Elmo
  • Kodja

It's all together possible that NOBODY from today's starting 11 could be in the team next season.  Most of them are already on the beach and don't care about promotion at all.   Honestly, there is nobody in the team today I would be upset about if they were let go.  I'm ready for a fresh start this summer.  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

People already want him sacked. 

The majority of those calling for his head didn't want him in the first place.