Match Thread: Stoke v Villa

limpid

Just now, AVTuco said:

For many reasons, for instance because what he does now is indicative of what kind of a motivation abilities he has.

To some extent. Motivating players who won't be here or he doesn't want isn't a great indicator of what he can build long term

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

But he is going to rebuild so why judge his ability to rebuild on how players who won't be here perform under him.

but the burning question is.....will it be ok after the rebuild?

The owners will look at this....and ask themselves the same question.

The thing for me is....not necessarily winning games, but Hey that helps.....but what can we see from the players play, that has improved.

These will be the questions being asked.

5 minutes ago, KHV said:

If Smith could get us to play like a mid table team I would be ecstatic. He can't even achieve that

We are 10th in a 24 team league, I'm guessing that maths isn't a strong point?

8 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Of the Starting 11, 8 won't be here next season (Expired Contracts/Loans Ending):

• Steer
  • Hutton
  • Elphick
  • Mings
  • Hause
  • Whelan
  • El Ghazi
  • Tammy

The remainder only have one year left in their contracts and could possibly be sold:

• Hourihane
  • Elmo
  • Kodja

It's all together possible that NOBODY from today's starting 11 could be in the team next season.  Most of them are already on the beach and don't care about promotion at all.   Honestly, there is nobody in the team today I would be upset about if they were let go.  I'm ready for a fresh start this summer.  

That is incredible isn't it? 8 from 11 is insane, then the fact that the other 3 only have a year left is just as mental. This summer is huge.

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

I don't think I've ever, ever heard Villa fans boo a youngster just finding their feet.

Plenty of experienced journeymen who don't put a shift in, but never a young player.

Several around me in the Holte were being extremely critical of Jacob Ramsay, including booing him, not long after he came on last week against West Brom. Granted, these people are absolute morons, but it was happening. One of them was repeatedly screaming that Ramsay was a word removed.

Just now, av1 said:

We are 10th in a 24 team league, I'm guessing that maths isn't a strong point?

Based on points picked up many months ago. We're firmly in relegation form and performances over the last couple of months. This is an absolute shitshow.

• Like 1

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Our away fans are fantastic they deserve so much better than this garbage 

Every time we take tons of fans wherever we go. We should definitely look at a way to get them sat together at home games too, would boost the atmosphere at home games no end.

• Like 1