Match Thread: Stoke v Villa

limpid

1 minute ago, KMitch said:

I'm ready for a fresh start this summer. 

And me, with a new manager if the board have any sense.

Edited by jim

1 minute ago, TRO said:

I don't think it matters what permutation he selects from what he has fit.

all too samey and too many bereft of confidence.

The wingers can't create anything the Full backs can't stop anything and the 2 midfielders are anonymous.

He would have gained more support if he had blooded more of the youngsters rather than sending them out on loan.

6 minutes ago, av1 said:

Common sense is wasted on some I'm afraid. 

We are a shit mid table team in need of a massive overhaul. 

If Smith could get us to play like a mid table team I would be ecstatic. He can't even achieve that

12 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Looks that way.  I bet you want Bruce back. 

Bruce was doing a better job than smith was that’s a fact. (No I don’t but Bruce is likely to be above us this afternoon )

Edited by Demitri_C

1 minute ago, AVTuco said:

No, and I don't want him to, unless he's able to turn things around. He can't get anything out of these players, nothing!

But he is going to rebuild so why judge his ability to rebuild on how players who won't be here perform under him.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, striker said:

He would have gained more support if he had blooded more of the youngsters rather than sending them out on loan.

I think he was right to send them out.

I don't think he thought he was going to get this from the first team.

Trouble is when its like this it seems like every decision is wrong.

The kids should have been sent out last season IMV....they would have possibly been more use to us now.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

So it's best to hold on to the fact, we will be shite this season until Smith can bring his own players in. Big risk, are we even going to be able to get the Smith types for the money we have. 

We will end up like Brentford, I shit you not!!

We don't have any money so we won't be getting a lot in

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

But he is going to rebuild so why judge his ability to rebuild on how players who won't be here perform under him.

For many reasons, for instance because what he does now is indicative of what kind of a motivation abilities he has.

1 minute ago, Mister_a said:

I’m not so sure, we would have booed the talent out of them because they weren’t Messi.

I don't think I've ever, ever heard Villa fans boo a youngster just finding their feet.

Plenty of experienced journeymen who don't put a shift in, but never a young player.

• Like 1