Pre-match thread

John

I would really like Deano to go 4-4-2, and swap Davis for McGinn who has looked knackered for weeks. However he has shown no sign of wanting to do this.

Midfield is the problem area at the moment, rather than the defence earlier in the year. The centre lacks legs, and the wingers have not been consistent at all this year. Adomah and Hourihane got 25 league goals last year- this year  the total is at 6. Whelan and Hourihane are probably the best pick but at the moment it is hardly to fill yourself with confidence.  Its annoying that both Carroll and Lansbury are still out as they would be more suitable to Smith's play.

I would like to see Smith just stick with Green and Kodjia as first choice wide men for the rest of the season- as El Ghazi and probably Albert have no future with us after May. Kodjia is maddening to watch but he has ability and next season he should be up top again once Tammy signs to a premier league club. Good luck to him.

Feeling a bit meh over all this- get to May without anything horrific happening and start the rebuild. Watching the youngsters on loan will probably be more interesting for the next 2 months. And we still get 38,000 attending.

Edited by The Fun Factory

6 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Not really bothered now even if it is a 'derby'

Season is over and struggling to find the motivation now to even attend. Haven't felt this since Lambert tbfh.

Kind of how I feel. I can't think of anything I'd like less than to spend my day travelling to watch this shitshow, I'll be doing other stuff and not following at all.

So I reckon we'll win 3-0.

An interesting fact I've stumbled across.

Of the 22 Championship league matches Dean Smith has played at home on a Saturday - he's lost only 1.

So based on this, I am going to say we will lose today 3-1  :lol:

For once I am not even going to get involved with the game either and instead do other things to avoid Saturday being ruined by our result.

4 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

An interesting fact I've stumbled across.

Of the 22 Championship league matches Dean Smith has played at home on a Saturday - he's lost only 1.

So based on this, I am going to say we will lose today 3-1  :lol:

For once I am not even going to get involved with the game either and instead do other things to avoid Saturday being ruined by our result.

Resolute protectionism.:clap:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

My positive vibes from the last 11 games has got us nowhere so today let's try the opposite.  :lol:

I know exactly what you mean.....missed the sheff utd game......too cold, couldn't be arsed.....not good for a season ticket holder.

I think the lack of fight, i mean real fight, not idle running......is getting to me.

• Like 1

Going to be interesting to see Smith's team selection today after Wednesday's poor performance. I feel only Kalinic, Mings and McGinn actually deserve to keep their shirts but unfortunately given our current injury situation we haven't got the (right) replacements with Tuanzebe, Chester, Grealish, Carroll and Lansbury all out.

I hope to see no Adomah and Taylor for starters, but wouldn't be surprised to see both. 

With what's available I'd probably go; 

Kalinic

Hutton  Elphick   Mings    Hause

Whelan

Hourihane  McGinn 

Kodjia            Davis          Abraham 

For me none of our wide players having been showing any kind of form, Tammy I think would put a shift in and still be a goal threat cutting in, Davis can hold the ball up better and allow McGinn and Hourihane to play off him, ignoring Kodge's faults he still has the ability to produce moments of class. 

No Barnes or Gayle is a bonus for us, I think we might edge this 2-1. 

• Like 1

3-5-2 with hutton on the left & elmo on the right. Neither of them are especially great at defending but elmo was creating a lot of goals/chances earlier in the season, An extra CB and Whelan sat in front of the 3 means he would have a bit more license to push forwards, Same for Hutton who can & will just run up & down the line all day.

Like it or not the pair of them have probably provided more from the wings that any of our wingers this season even when it wasn't really their job to do so

24 minutes ago, newhavenhibby said:

A number of Hibs fans have gone down to cheer Villa and McGinn on........heres hoping they bring you luck against the baggies.

'mon Villa

Must be mad. Currently sat about 30 miles away and trying to decide if i can even be arsed to watch it on AVTV, never mind drag myself to VP

On 14/02/2019 at 21:18, villabromsgrove said:

Thanks for all the positivity guys!

I'm going to this match and it will be my first time for some years. I'm old and decrepit now, and I had to give up my season ticket some time ago due to ill health and general wobbliness.

My sons are taking me, and I'm really looking forward to it even though I'm not expecting the most confident display for us.

It will be good to be back in the sacred surroundings of Villa Park.

Up The Villa!

We're going to smash them into next week @villabromsgrove and I hope you enjoy every minute of it.