Pre-match thread

John

The line up is pretty much as expected, with the wide players being the only ones rotated and it's hard to say whether it makes us stronger or weaker to be honest.

I remember Smith saying in one of his early interviews that he always liked to have '3.5 goals" in his starting eleven and his first few selections showed that, I feel that he is going against what he believes in with this selection. 

Abraham is the one goal and you have a goal between maybe Hourihane and Green, I don't see much more goal threat. I think we might well be tightening up now but he/we need to get the balance at both ends of the field.

31 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

So. Basically swap elmo and green for adomah an d el ghazi that's the plan. I hope Ramsey gets a chance ahead of adomah off the bench

That depends on the crowd as much as anything dem. No way is he being thrown on if they/We are baying for blood.

So I really hope he gets on!

3 minutes ago, WakefieldVillan said:

I remember Smith saying in one of his early interviews that he always liked to have '3.5 goals" in his starting eleven 

Sure we didn't mean to concede 3.5 goals per game :)

Edited by MaVilla
  • Haha 2

I am just not feeling any excitement, 15 mins from kick off in supposedly a must win game to save our season.

I guess the last 10 games have effected me so negatively its drained me to the point of meh.

Below average performances and getting worse in the way we are playing each game.

Maybe they need to have curbie training sessions with a fly away ball to see how to judge passing and control ? Cant do any harm after the last inept display.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Elmo weren't too bad when he came on, give the guy a break.

Yeah he's done a few mistakes this season but so have Hutton and Taylor, yet Elmo get all the hate.

Hutton and Taylor get their fare share of critique as well.

And rightly so.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Anyone who is a betting man would have gone for a handicapp bet giving Villa a 2-0 lead and West Brom still winning.

You'd get tasty odds looking at that line up.

Edit: Just checked - Coral pays 14/1.

If Gayle was playing that would have been my exact bet for the day. Not sure they have 3+ in them without him though

• Like 1