Pre-match thread

John

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

What's the crowd attendence looking like? 

About 2500 tickets left at the moment. Probably shift close to 1k more, so just shy of 40k will be in attendance I reckon. Can’t see how we will beat them tomorrow. Draw at best .

I keep telling myself that being at home, and the realisation that this and the blues game represent the last few chances the players have to really give us something to cheer about,  will result in an good performance and a great win.

That's what I keep telling myself.  Again and again!

• Like 1

We need a reaction.  Some sort of progress.  We can't give the opposition 70-odd minutes completely on their own terms again, because this West Brom side will not be as forgiving as Brentford were.  I'm glad we're at home, put it that way.  Can't see a win though.  Score draw is the best I'm hoping for.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think 3 at the back is a good idea, it would suit the players we have 

It will become a 5 though as we don't have any player capable of playing wing back effectively.

Good Gayle is out at least as when he's missed games previously they've had some poor defeats this season.

Probably another draw or narrow loss seems the realistic outcome here. What surprises me is if we win we're only 7 points off WBA, a team who have been in top 6 for most of the season whereas it feels like we've won 2 games in about 5 months.

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

About 2500 tickets left at the moment. Probably shift close to 1k more, so just shy of 40k will be in attendance I reckon. Can’t see how we will beat them tomorrow. Draw at best .

Wow that's decent considering. So trinity is open? 

Can't see anything other than an albion win tbh, they aren't playing well but get a result of some sort most weeks, think it will be a drab game settled because of our inability to defend. 

2-0 albion, elphick and Hutton at fault for goals. 

I think this is an easier fixture than it looks, Albion are on a bit wobble, they don't have Barnes, they don't have Gayle,  We have Kalinic, Mings, and Abraham in top form , we have a good history in this fixture.

An away win is unthinkable, We approaching our 5th game without a win - so one is about due. I reckon it will be comfortable 3-1 , 4-1 victory.... 

19 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

If we are as god awful as Weds night then we will definitely lose. Unfortunately I can’t see us improving enough to win tomorrow. :( feeling so pessimistic.

If we play like we did in the last two games West brom wilm beat us. I'm just sick of seeing gutless performances from the same players over and over. 

Show us some bloody passion

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Remarkable really given our current form of late. Fair play. 👏🏼