Pre-match thread

John

I don't have high expectations at the moment, so the only thing that would annoy me today would be a lack of fight. If the Baggies out work us and visibly want it more than we do that would be really disappointing.

I'm going for a 2-1 win just to try and get some excitement out of the match!

48 minutes ago, WakefieldVillan said:

Going to be interesting to see Smith's team selection today after Wednesday's poor performance. I feel only Kalinic, Mings and McGinn actually deserve to keep their shirts but unfortunately given our current injury situation we haven't got the (right) replacements with Tuanzebe, Chester, Grealish, Carroll and Lansbury all out.

I hope to see no Adomah and Taylor for starters, but wouldn't be surprised to see both. 

With what's available I'd probably go; 

Kalinic

Hutton  Elphick   Mings    Taylor

Whelan

Hourihane  McGinn 

Adomah         Abraham          Green

Is how I think DS will set us up today.

Taylor back in for Hause, although both are no good at LB even though one is a natural.

It maybe that Kodj starts over Green and come on with 7 minutes to go or vice versa, Davis on the bench imo.

El Ghazi needs to sit out as he has not been in decent form for a while now and TBH, Tammy playing as a lone striker relying on service from the wings also has not worked.

Will DS be brave enough to experiment otherwise, I'm not so sure but time will tell.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Don't do it!

This will be like bumping into that girl you used to fancy at school only to find her name is now dave!

That made me chuckle Nigel.👍

I'm hanging on to the hope that the old girl will see my silver bearded visage .... lift up her skirts and put on a show for me .... roll me back to the good old days!😍

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Still loads of seats for this especially for a 3.00 Saturday game not on the tellybox. 

I think most people (like me) are basically dreading this. 

We rarely sell out against West Brom.  Obviously if we were doing better and playing well it would have sold out no probs. 

• Like 1

west brom are 2nd  or 3rd in the away form guide. they are going to part our botty cheeks no lube

everyone knows whats going to happen. villa will try and start fast, but as soon as Conner hourihane realizes there's no square ball on he will spin 180 and play it back to the centre halves to the derision of the crowd. From then on the bag heads will take charge.

today will be the jay rodriguez show. brunt will be class with diagonal long passes and morrison will run the show in the massive empty space that is the middle of villa park.... the only thing we can do is park the bus and hope they wont bum us too hard.

Smith will stand on the touch line hands in pockets humming the tune of daniel beddinfields gotta get thru this, whilst he gets pelters from the the blokes in their early 40s who coach their kids football teams who seem to all sit behind the dugout and think they're the bromsgrove version of pep guardiola.

The way to beat these is go 442 with kenian davis but we know stubborn smith won't even consider changing the formation.

I was thinking about not bothering today as I have a calf strain and i don't know if i can put up with the shame of being pumped on our own patch by the soho road boys. but I will probably end up going the half time kick the ball into the big circle competition might get a winner for once.

I think it's fair t say I go into this one with no real expectation. I'm not quite up to dread, but there's not much in the way of positivity. I've spent the last couple of days not thinking about the game - that's not "not thinking about going to the game" that's not thinking about the content of the game.We could do with a performance of some kind today.

In a way, I'm hoping for a 1-1. In a way, I'm hoping we're not embarrassed - but in truth, I'm trying not to hope for anything at all, I'm blocking out hope because there's every chance hope will make me feel worse later on today. 

There should be medication available for this.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LakotaDakota said:

Must be mad. Currently sat about 30 miles away and trying to decide if i can even be arsed to watch it on AVTV, never mind drag myself to VP

Think I agree with you about the hibees on their way to VP.....................will drag myself to Easter Road this pm but it is only about 2 miles away 😀...........and we have a new manager so extra interest to see how the players react.

You may regret not going if you gub them.............but there again.................................😉

Good luck anyway

Edited by newhavenhibby

8 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

west brom are 2nd  or 3rd in the away form guide. they are going to part our botty cheeks no lube

everyone knows whats going to happen. villa will try and start fast, but as soon as Conner hourihane realizes there's no square ball on he will spin 180 and play it back to the centre halves to the derision of the crowd. From then on the bag heads will take charge.

today will be the jay rodriguez show. brunt will be class with diagonal long passes and morrison will run the show in the massive empty space that is the middle of villa park.... the only thing we can do is park the bus and hope they wont bum us too hard.

Smith will stand on the touch line hands in pockets humming the tune of daniel beddinfields gotta get thru this, whilst he gets pelters from the the blokes in their early 40s who coach their kids football teams who seem to all sit behind the dugout and think they're the bromsgrove version of pep guardiola.

The way to beat these is go 442 with kenian davis but we know stubborn smith won't even consider changing the formation.

I was thinking about not bothering today as I have a calf strain and i don't know if i can put up with the shame of being pumped on our own patch by the soho road boys. but I will probably end up going the half time kick the ball into the big circle competition might get a winner for once.

That first line made my eyes water......and my knees won't stop knocking.

Our new motto should be....." piles are us"

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

That made me chuckle Nigel.👍

I'm hanging on to the hope that the old girl will see my silver bearded visage .... lift up her skirts and put on a show for me .... roll me back to the good old days!😍

Dirty dog.

I’m trying to think how we could line up differently, and I can’t. I see the 3 at the back come into peoples thinking, I think the only way that works with Hause involved is Hutton and Taylor at WB, but then we lose another man in midfield which we can’t really afford.

If we’re going to push the boat out I’d considering giving the teenager his first start - we can afford to be risky in attack as we’re not doing it with the usual lot.

Kalinic

Hutton, Elphick, Mings, Taylor

McGinn, Whelan

El Ghazi, Ramsey, Green

Abraham

Edited by a m ole