Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

Just now, Mantis said:

Is that actually true? I was in the Holte that night and he definitely stacked it with nobody around him but apparently the sprinkler valve thing is a myth?

Anyway, to keep this on topic, any specific timescale on when Mings will be back yet?

It's a myth

Heard a rumour that he was going to the US for some further assessment/ possible surgery. But if that doesn’t go well, it could be a career ender. Didn’t pay too much attention to it at the time but interesting that he’s recently been seen in the US.

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

Heard a rumour that he was going to the US for some further assessment/ possible surgery. But if that doesn’t go well, it could be a career ender. Didn’t pay too much attention to it at the time but interesting that he’s recently been seen in the US.

He will be very lucky if he can play again at this level but if anyone has the mental strength to dedicate himself to his rehab to maximize the chance of a high level return it’s Ty.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Mantis said:

Is that actually true? I was in the Holte that night and he definitely stacked it with nobody around him but apparently the sprinkler valve thing is a myth?

Anyway, to keep this on topic, any specific timescale on when Mings will be back yet?

I don't know but from memory he looked back at the ground in a WTF kind of way.

What a weird rumor to take hold if it's not true.

2 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

I don't know but from memory he looked back at the ground in a WTF kind of way.

What a weird rumor to take hold if it's not true.

It’s a myth. He snapped his achilles, anyone who has done that will tell you it feels like someone kicks you in the heel, very very hard. That’s why he would have looked back even though nobody was around him. 

The commentator at the time speculated he might have tripped over a sprinkler and for some reason it took hold and people repeated it. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

So what does everyone think would mings and pau have been the 1st choice cb pairing if he never got injured?

I think Unai would prefer a righty and a lefty as the CB pairing. Far more likely we would have seen more rotation (more Pau in conference for example) and the occasional Pau at LB experiment we saw in preseason. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Â