Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

I’m just so happy for the bloke. 

So good as well he’s proving media/opposition fans wrong. Not that it really means **** all of course but the way general football fans spoke about him was just an utter joke. 

What a journey he’s had with us. 

• Like 4

For no reason other than curiosity, does anyone know if we’ve paid the full transfer fee for Mings now - that all the relevant conditions have been met?

I think it was something like £20.5 rising to £26m and I definitely remember one payment being triggered when he was first selected by England. Just wondering what the other conditions were/if they’ve been met. I assume staying up the first season and a certain number of appearances were probably included.

1 hour ago, Vancvillan said:

Heard that Southgate wasn't impressed with the goal. Said he should have passed instead, then tracked back.

Maguire would have took it down and volleyed it home being an elite ball playing centre back

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, weedman said:

Came here to see if anyone had a gif of that filthy pass to Moreno in the first half, disappointed

omg that was a dream of a pass, not something you'd naturally think Mings is capable of...definitely need the Gif of that.

4 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

For no reason other than curiosity, does anyone know if we’ve paid the full transfer fee for Mings now - that all the relevant conditions have been met?

I think it was something like £20.5 rising to £26m and I definitely remember one payment being triggered when he was first selected by England. Just wondering what the other conditions were/if they’ve been met. I assume staying up the first season and a certain number of appearances were probably included.

i think i heard something like 500k per england appearance for the first 5 appearances. no idea how true that was as it was a while ago and can't even remember where i heard it, but sounded plausable

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

spacer.png

Could easily list 10 Villa midfielders of the last decade who would never even try that pass. The fact that he attempted it and nailed it as a LCB is just another example of his quality. 

Radio WM:

The reputation of Tyrone Mings at Aston Villa has probably already been fully restored, and perhaps even enhanced, but his winning goal against Fulham last night may prove to be the crown on an outstanding season.

It was a special moment, and Unai Emery revelled in seeing a set-piece plan turn up trumps.

“I am pushing him, telling him ‘You are a tall player and we have to use you. You have to believe in yourself. You have to do it!’ Today was good because we won 1-0 through him.”

The goal, Mings’ first of the season, was a nice bauble, but his greatest contribution has been in his primary role at the other end. Playing alongside Ezri Konsa for every minute of a surge that has yielded 26 points in 10 games, Mings has been vital in a defence breached only three times in that run.

Occasionally, fans suspect players slightly drop intensity after signing a new contract. Exactly the opposite seems to be happening to Mings, whose new deal with Villa was announced a week before this unbeaten run began. Whatever they agreed to pay him, Villa are getting particularly good value.

Are we really still in the same season in which Mings had the club captaincy removed, and was left out of the opening game at Bournemouth? Steven Gerrard was usually cautious with his language during his brief stay at Villa, but he made comments to BBC Radio WM after that game that jarred at the time, notwithstanding that Mings was not always popular for his performances last season.

It should be noted Mings himself was gracious both at the time and after Gerrard’s departure. Anyway, the former captain’s stock has risen enormously since then – and incidentally the same has happened to John McGinn, who was given the role instead – which only goes to show that it is not necessary to wear an armband to be a leader.

At 30, Mings is at the peak of his career, and is in the vanguard as Villa stride forward.

21 hours ago, Frodo said:

Bar his big chance that he put over the bar,  thought he was outstanding today, always good in the air & so good on the ball, passing & the way he curry's the ball forward so confidentiality, he starts so many attacks by doing this, seems so confident & assured since Emery has come in 

Sad Episode 11 GIF by The Simpsons - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Haha 1

Â