Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

45 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Mings is not at the level to be playing international football.

He has a mistake in him, i.e the missed header against Chelsea  and the own goal against Fulham.

I would go as far as saying the defenders that missed out on making the squad are better than him, Tomori, Smalling ect.

Unfortunately Tyrone Mings is not an International player.

That’s a load of bollox and doesn’t actual go with reality. Mings has actually been more consistent at the international level and his stats show that. Reason why he didn’t make it is because Southgate is too afraid to not pick his favorites. Maguire, for example, has no place in this squad given that’s he’s been injured half the season and has only played in 3 games total. 

Edited by Aston_Villan4
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

There’s always one guy… you don’t think it’s possible for him to go to Qatar and still make a statement whilst playing for his country?

No I don't.

Not after what it has taken building those stadiums.

You are free to disagree.

13 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

No I don't.

Not after what it has taken building those stadiums.

You are free to disagree.

FIFA won’t care that he didn’t show up, but if he showed up and made a statement every day and/or wore a shirt condemning FIFAs decision and what Qatar did to the migrant workers, forcing a spotlight on it everyday he’s in-front of a camera, that would be more useful than not going. 

Edited by Aston_Villan4

14 minutes ago, andym said:

This Tomori? Giving away a penalty and getting sent off within 17 minutes is pretty impressive

Eric Dier made the squad 

And of course there is Harry Maguire

If this is the standard that makes an international defender, then Mings deserved to be called up as well

Holding that sending off against Tomori...come on :D

2 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Holding that sending off against Tomori...come on :D

Exactly the kind of thing that would see Mings ridiculed for months tbh.

I'm actually open to the idea that Mings is only getting near the England side because there's a dearth of decent English CBs.

But I do think he's very unlucky to not be in that squad. Gerrard partly responsible, but also Southgate's strange team selection policies that seem to be a mix of whether you play for Big 6, whether you smile a lot at England training camps, and how much shit the media will give him for leaving someone out.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Struggling to deal with the conflicting emotions of Mings getting a deserved place in the squad (good news for him, bad news for Villa)... Southgate getting dog's abuse off fans of other clubs (great news)... but it's because they all think Mings is shit (bad news, why does everyone hate him so much).

Need to lie down

He's very outspoken and confident. That's literally it.

• Like 2

I love Tyrone, and I feel disappointed for England and for him.

Not saying it would have been justified, but does anyone think Ming's stupid wrestling match with Ronaldo would have put Southgate off him? Again, not saying that's deserved, but I don't know Southgate's thinking well, but from what I've seen, he strikes me as a bit -- I don't know -- wooden. I could see Tyrone's passion and leadership skills making him nervous.

I'm dual national and always support both USA and England, but this makes it a little tougher for me to get behind England.   

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Not saying it would have been justified, but does anyone think Ming's stupid wrestling match with Ronaldo would have put Southgate off him? Again, not saying that's deserved, but I don't know Southgate's thinking well, but from what I've seen, he strikes me as a bit -- I don't know -- wooden. I could see Tyrone's passion and leadership skills making him nervous.

I'm dual national and always support both USA and England, but this makes it a little tougher for me to get behind England.   

More likely to be the Newcastle defeat tbh

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

No, because anyone with a rational mind would see that Ronaldo was the one instigating that whole situation. If Mings wanted to push back he wouldn’t have fallen to the ground so easily. It does nothing but make Ronaldo look bad. If anything put Southgate off it’s that header error against Chelsea which bounced to his favorite Mount. I just don’t think Southgate really knows what he’s doing, because if he did he wouldn’t have pick half the squad he’s got. And I’m not even saying Mings has to be a part of the other squad but guys like Maguire and Phillips have absolutely no place in it.

Edited by Aston_Villan4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Mings is not at the level to be playing international football.

He has a mistake in him, i.e the missed header against Chelsea  and the own goal against Fulham.

I would go as far as saying the defenders that missed out on making the squad are better than him, Tomori, Smalling ect.

Unfortunately Tyrone Mings is not an International player.

Yet England called up Harry Maguire who is Victor Lindelof backup

Â