Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Then why didn't we sign Mepham from Brentford in January?  We apparently bid more than Bournemouth did?  It's not like the player had a choice in the matter...

Also, what you're mentioning above is called a "First Refusal" clause, not an "Option to Buy" clause, which is what was reportedly what we agreed to with Bournemouth as part of the loan deal.  

It's not an option to buy clause. It's a "matching" clause. Which nobody quite knows what it is but the best guess seems to be that is another club bids for him, we get the option to match that bid and sign the player. Essentially it's an option to buy, but it allows Bournemouth to get more money if another club offers more.

And of course the player has a say. But my point was if another club makes a better offer than us and we DON'T match it, then Bournemouth are well within their rights to not accept our bid and to accept the other bid. That way the player doesn't have a choice.

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

It's not an option to buy clause. It's a "matching" clause. Which nobody quite knows what it is but the best guess seems to be that is another club bids for him, we get the option to match that bid and sign the player. Essentially it's an option to buy, but it allows Bournemouth to get more money if another club offers more.

And of course the player has a say. But my point was if another club makes a better offer than us and we DON'T match it, then Bournemouth are well within their rights to not accept our bid and to accept the other bid. That way the player doesn't have a choice.

Fair enough.  As you said, neither of us knows exactly what the contract states, so it's a bit pointless to continue to speculate what can happen.

11 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Villa fans 'liking' a post from a Wolves fan basically calling out one of our players as a horrendous thug.

What has the world come to eh?!

I liked it because he said he is an idiot for thinking it’s deliberate.

Awesome in defence tonight. As for the goal though, was it deliberate? I’ve looked at the slow motion replay on repeat and can only conclude it was an accident.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 1

If he can carry this form on he would be an excellent signing if we can make it happen in the summer. I’d make him captain next season if we keep hold, communicates and leads, which i hardly see Chester or Hutton do. Cant see Chester getting back in if he continues like this.

Seems like he's working out, hope the rest of the signings do too.

If we keep identifying players like this then Smith will put together a strong squad in time. Get rid of all the out of contracts and keep identifying those players. I feel it is key to not only our success but to finally stop relying on a few players who are clearly sticking out, just so happens that now it looks like it isn't the usual four mentioned, it could be that Tyrone becomes a true key in our side.

I think we're in the rite direction anyway. I think If everyone lowers there expectations of being promoted, then us fans will be much more happier with progress of the squad. The squad is moving in the rite direction with the likes of Ming joining, solid defenders are what we need, hopefully we get perma deal eith him.

Edited by Dave-R

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

I cant believe i was laughed at when i said he would score in this team

I backed him for the first goal yesterday. Ok the bet went down, but I was confident enough to place it. 

10 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

It almost seems like a poitless clause really. Even without the clause we would surely be able to match a bid? 

4 minutes ago, av1 said:

It almost seems like a poitless clause really. Even without the clause we would surely be able to match a bid? 

I assume it gives us priority though. So IF we match the bid, he signs for us. 

Where as under normal circumstances there would be a choice between clubs. 

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

I assume it gives us priority though. So IF we match the bid, he signs for us. 

Where as under normal circumstances there would be a choice between clubs. 

I wonder how that works in reality though? For that to be the case Tyrone must have signed up to that? What then happens if the bid we have matched is from Man City who offer him £80k pw?

I'm obviously being silly there but you get my point. 

1 minute ago, villarocker said:

I wonder how he would look at left back? A back four of Mings, Chester, Elphick, Guilbert with a decent beast of a DM in front of them and the giant in goal, that might just work. 

Look at the size of him, he’s perfect for cb, Chester and Elphick don’t work well as a cb pairing 

Â