Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

Just now, lexicon said:

Inconsistency comes from a lack of experience - he needs games to become more consistent. With little left to play for in the league, I think he should be starting every game if fit. 

I totally agree inconsistently comes with age, but he has played too much already this season, to the point we are rarely seeing his quality.

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

I totally agree inconsistently comes with age, but he has played too much already this season, to the point we are rarely seeing his quality.

Sure, but maybe the management feels that’s the thing that will give him the best chance of being successful long term.

Gerrard might think “I’d like to drop him for Nakamba for the rest of this season and our results would improve BUT if he plays these last five games he’ll be fitter and stronger at the tail end of next season.”

So much more goes into developing a young player than whether they are playing well or badly, or even whether they are tired right now. You only get fitter and stronger by pushing yourself.

4 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Gerrard might think “I’d like to drop him for Nakamba for the rest of this season and our results would improve BUT if he plays these last five games he’ll be fitter and stronger at the tail end of next season.”

Funnily enough, I reckon this has been a similar vein of the thinking with giving Bailey minutes over Buendia.

Even knowing that Buendia would more than likely be much more effective here and now.

It's fine margins.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Big chance for Chuk?

The last time he got minutes was in February and I don't think Gerrard intends to give him any at this point (would be happy to be wrong).

Ramsey out probably means Sanson or Luiz will take one of the remaining nr 8 spots (McGinn is a given). Possibly time for Nakamba to return. My guess is a midfield three of McGinn/Nakamba/Sanson or McGinn/Nakamba/Luiz. 

24 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Big chance for Chuk?

Maybe. But in all honesty, he's probably off dreaming of becoming the next Bellingham or something. Whatever the latest in his thread is now.

As I assume we'll be wing backs bombing on, I'd be for Doug or Tim at DM (perferably Doug), the other at LCM, and McGinn at RCM because he will just never be dropped.

1 hour ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

The last time he got minutes was in February and I don't think Gerrard intends to give him any at this point (would be happy to be wrong).

Ramsey out probably means Sanson or Luiz will take one of the remaining nr 8 spots (McGinn is a given). Possibly time for Nakamba to return. My guess is a midfield three of McGinn/Nakamba/Sanson or McGinn/Nakamba/Luiz. 

It's a game we will dominate possession as Burnley are a counter attacking side who are very defensively organised. I'd go Sanson, Luiz, McGinn. Coutinho Ings Watkins

56 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

With Ramsey out I Think we could see Tim at DM with McGinn and Luiz ahead of him.

Or perhaps Nakamba back in the XI.

I think Chuk gets minutes but can't see him.getting a start

As we're all resigned to McGinn being a nailed on starter, this is probably the midfield I'd like to see tomorrow.

E: Forgot about Morgan, next to no chance he's starting anyway.

Edited by Tom13

19 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

It's a game we will dominate possession as Burnley are a counter attacking side who are very defensively organised. I'd go Sanson, Luiz, McGinn. Coutinho Ings Watkins

dominate possession but i'll lazily throw out that burnley will be overly physical and try to bully us, would definitely an interesting game for timbo but i think we'll go with nakamba and ask him to battle, mcginn will almost definitely be in there for his battling qualities...but at some point we should say lets not get drawn in to the physical battle lets just try and out play them and in that regard its a shame if JJ is missing

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

dominate possession but i'll lazily throw out that burnley will be overly physical and try to bully us, would definitely an interesting game for timbo but i think we'll go with nakamba and ask him to battle, mcginn will almost definitely be in there for his battling qualities...but at some point we should say lets not get drawn in to the physical battle lets just try and out play them and in that regard its a shame if JJ is missing

Why Luiz should start 

29 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Why Luiz should start 

I dunno, he should because we should say let's play our football, see a lot of the ball and just knock around in the middle with confidence 

But we won't, we will get dragged in to theirs and end up playing quicker and longer which won't suit him

I can see it being a fast full bloodied game which is entertaining but with not a lot of quality, a John Mcginn game

Edited by villa4europe

59 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I’d play Buendia in this role then assuming Gerrard will likely put Ings in for Bailey.

• Like 1

I was surprised to see he tops our pass completion accuracy at 86% and his long passes. In particular his long pass accuracy is very high.

This is his first full season as a regular in PL too. He only started 5 PL games last season. I can see why we have the reports that Gerrard wants to build the team around him. The right CDM can release him more.

• Like 1

Â