Match Thread: Villa v Swansea FAC

limpid

Just now, deeps said:

Doesn’t help with that back 4 in front of you. 

No, but I've still been unimpressed with him. Obviously I'm not going to make a full judgement based on one performance, but I've been disappointed today.

2 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Agreed. Though one could argue Hogan could play well next to Davis. But we don't seem to do that. 

From what ive seen Hogan is really poor. Should not be at the villa

Edited by Danishlad

1 minute ago, romavillan said:

There were 5 or 6 just standing and watching there. That was terrible.

its been the case for weeks....the sad fact is we can't do much about it......but this is what you get when you can't.

The wheels come off.

" Prepared"

I wish they would change our motto.

1 minute ago, Troglodyte said:

No, but I've still been unimpressed with him. Obviously I'm not going to make a full judgement based on one performance, but I've been disappointed today.

Will surely be nervous mate.

It's always difficult for new keepers.

Especially with whats in front of and around him!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, romavillan said:

Getting on Smith's back now would be the most monumentally stupid thing to do, it would be like cutting your face off to spite your face, not just your nose.

I agree completely.

but I bet it won’t stop people doing it.

• Like 3

Just now, romavillan said:

Getting on Smith's back now would be the most monumentally stupid thing to do, it would be like cutting your face off to spite your face, not just your nose.

But regardless nothing is being done about improving the defensive display. It’s the same every week and I would say today’s been the worst since sheepfold United away

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Absolutely I’m sorry but smith needs to **** sort this defence out, it’s the same shit every week.

Agreed here. If this was Bruce he'd be getting hammered. It's the numbers we are shipping that's concerning. It's 3s and 4s lots of games. The forest game felt so weird that night. And it's still happening, not to the same extent but not much better.

• Like 1

Just now, holteend1982 said:

It's not Bruce though is it, its Smith again, just like past few weeks. Dreadful. 

hmm, i dunno, im not sure any manager could get a tune out of some of our players, a few of them are absolutely dire.

Just now, Demitri_C said:

But regardless nothing is being done about improving the defensive display. It’s the same every week and I would say today’s been the worst since sheepfold United away

We have terrible defenders on the pitch to be honest.

Hutton is playing as a centre back

Elphick is useless

Taylor is useless

Bree has been incredibly underwhelming. 

We need a completely new back four tbh.... 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Exactly.

He is the man who's name was constantly mentioned to who would be best for this Job.

Told ya's we should have gone for Rafa.   :lol:

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Will surely be nervous mate.

It's always difficult for new keepers.

Especially with whats in front of and around him!

i said before the match Steer should play, the main reason being i expected a makeshift defence, and i didnt think it would be a good idea to give Kalinic his debut and possibly knock his confidence in a weakened team.

Looks like thats exactly what we might have done........

Edited by MaVilla

1 minute ago, Johnnyp said:

Agreed here. If this was Bruce he'd be getting hammered. It's the numbers we are shipping that's concerning. It's 3s and 4s lots of games. The forest game felt so weird that night. And it's still happening, not to the same extent but not much better.

Bruce was here for 2 years and had 3 or 4 transfer windows.

Smith has been here for 15 games with none.

Use some f*ckint common sense as your guide to why it might be so!

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

All our problems today stem from not being able to keep the ball and poor movement. the two things Smith instills into a side and what he got working very quickly. So this is hard to lay at his door for me, there's been a shitload of woeful passes and poor first touches and static players. The antithesis of a Smith side. We've lost his in the middle of the park to a great extent but the defence should not have let in 3, the third was pathetic, you don't stand and watch that happen when you're less than 10 yards away. That's schoolboy stuff. 

• Like 1

Just now, PieFacE said:

We have terrible defenders on the pitch to be honest.

Hutton is playing as a centre back

Elphick is useless

Taylor is useless

Bree has been incredibly underwhelming. 

We need a completely new back four tbh.... 

I agree. I don’t think elphick is that bad or bree. But the rest can do one. 

I had a feeling it would be a bad result today this was why I was against Kalinic starting. Not a great debut for him to come in with pile o& shit like Hutton in the team