Match Thread: Villa v Swansea

limpid

2 minutes ago, villan_007 said:

Whoever said it was a sell out at the club can't count. Pockets of empty seats everywhere 

It's 2 minutes before half time so if you have only just noticed this then that will be why. People go down for food/drink at 35 mins.

3 minutes ago, YLN said:

Nyland is the fart that won't clear

I'll say something I'm not a bit sure of and predict that what we've seen from him so far is Nervous Nyland. He's played 30 times for Norway. He's better than what we've seen so far.

• Like 1

It’ll tak time, but there’s improvement already. Defensive organisation and pressing is the biggest difference for me, and with a bit more quality in the final third we’d be up by three. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ok first half. Should have made a lot more of a few good positions. Team generally look very organised  and in control bar one lapse in concentration that nearly cost us. 

Like the fact we are trying to keep the ball and inviting them on so to free up space for Jack. You can clearly see it’s going to be a work in progress though. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Enda said:

I'll say something I'm not a bit sure of and predict that what we've seen from him so far is Nervous Nyland. He's played 30 times for Norway. He's better than what we've seen so far.

Add to that, we have had a defense that's leaked like a sieve. No keeper can keep a team afloat alone when the team ahead of him is organised like a gaggle.

1 minute ago, Michelsen said:

It’ll tak time, but there’s improvement already. Defensive organisation and pressing is the biggest difference for me, and with a bit more quality in the final third we’d be up by three. 

The pressing has been a joy to watch. Doesn't even feel like watching Villa. 

Keeper is so shit, even when he made a good save he pushed it straight to a Swansea player and his kicks are terrible. Hopefully we can get a win here and build some confidence, last 5 minutes we looked very shaky.

Good performance 1st half.

I think there have been changes to our play, our build up play appears to be improving and our CB's look comfortable on the ball.

We are pressing them and forcing mistakes when we do not have the ball. 

Our final ball does seem to be lacking in some ways but that can be worked on.

I am also uncomfortable with Grealish on set pieces..

Very promising signs so far. Love the pressing game and was the first thing I noticed almost right off the bat after kickoff. Must improve our passing, but I'm sure this is glaringly obvious to Dean and his team. Much more entertaining to watch too. UTV!