January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

If he was in form, why would be come to us? Wouldn't he then be playing in the top division? 

I actually don't like spending obscene wages on loanees,  but it is what it is. 

It was a gamble. One that could pay off second half of the season when he is back to full fitness. If we hadn’t taken the chance on him Boro would have. 

So then. 

1st choice Keeper

2nd choice keeper

3rd choice keeper 

Left back 

Center back 

Ball playing midfielder 

Oh, and another keeper just to be sure. 

January will be busy me thinks. 

41 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

9 new players for me. All except Jack and Tammy.

FFP means Jack may have to go to fund 9 new players. 

Played around a dozen games for Celtic up here I think and then was loaned out. Seems to be the story of his career having been loaned out at Man U. 

Seems to be the type of player we would be looking at but not the quality for Villa in the Championship. ?

Edited by newhavenhibby
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, newhavenhibby said:

Played around a dozen games for Celtic up here I think and then was loaned out. Seems to be the story of his career having been loaned out at Man U. 

Seems to be the type of player we would be looking at but not the quality for Villa in the Championship. ?

Have to asked yourself question why he is still young (23 years old) and had 8 clubs already since he was at Zurich as a youngster, either youth, loan and perm in his career. Proof is in the pudding mate. 

Attitude issues or generally not that good! I remember that  he got sent back to Man Utd from Bolton for attitude issues. 

He was next to hopeless at Celtic

Having seen him play a bit he is really not good enough long term or altogether.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

tbh i kind of think in Jan we need:

1) LB (Clark/ NEW)

2) RB (Hutton/BREE) CAN WAIT TILL SUMMER

3) CB (TAKE ALL OUR MONEY - CRITICAL)

4) DM/MC (CAN WAIT TILL SUMMER)

5) Prob 2 x AMC's(CAN WAIT TILL SUMMER)

Unfortunately we also really need a CD (as Tuanzebe is only loan), and maybe a new Striker.

My thoughts in bold.

• Like 3

We need more players with the athleticism and pace of Tuanzebe.

When was the last time we had a big powerful bastard (Under 30 and athletic) in the middle of the park?

I've wanted us to get one for yonks, I remember being miffed we didn't go for Papa Bouba Diop in his prime.

Is it just me, or does it seem we tend to go for players who are too small for the most part?

The modern game, unless you are extremely gifted in the skill department almost demands athleticism and strength.

Our squad is outdated, need a fresh start!

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I mean one that wasn't shite.

Well he wasn't really "shite" was he.

However i'm talking less Osbourne and more Toure.

Although didn't he go on to have on OK career?

No you were correct he was shite, had a career at low league level.. although I did read something that he still believes he could make it in the prem... 

As for signings, I don’t recall Brentford having a powerhouse midfielder so it may not be what Smith looks for.

Im almost certain first two targets will be a LB and CB

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MaVilla said:

tbh i kind of think in Jan we need:

1) LB

2) RB

3) CB

4) DM/MC

5) Prob 2 x AMC's 

Unfortunately we also really need a CD (as Tuanzebe is only loan), and maybe a new Striker.

Loan Return to club: moreia and bolanse. 

In the order high priority:

1) first choice centre half and recall elphick

2) first choice goalkeeper

3) first choice left back who can cross in box, as this department is hard find seem like Sheffield Wednesday one we was romour to get is quiet good shouts but if we sort last season we would got 3 to 4 good left back potentially, bruce left it too late until summer. 

4) left foot winger who can cut in (inside forward) and winger as DS style press forward to build up in opposition so this type we need urgently. 

These an list can hold until summer if we can't get FFP

5) replacement whelan and jedinik with more mobile and tall defensive midfield with ball abilities pass and long shot. ((Essien/kante)) type

6) first choice centre attack midfield: I alway like Bradley dack, blackburn this type we would want see as he can play as cm (drop to help cm to defend) and acm to make open up by his vision pass and long shot, to threat which would big effect than grealish (his big strength is acm) which is a big benefit to DS System. Also o'hare can operate this area if we need save money so play him in this roles. 

Real Reason: acm so grealish play as inside forward in left inside forward and left foot do in right inside forward can peneration defence by cut in or swap other to become have wide winger play as byline to peneration without requirement pace due we push the fields up.

Under bruce regin, Grealish in left winger was poor because he dont got pace to make impact on this area under bruce cos we too deep, DS is reversed this problem to solve the problem. 

In summer transfer so we can add 7th and 8th

7th right back - release hutton and sell elmo

8th striker (buy abraham) and sell hogan and McCormack, kodjia

Also Sell whelan and Jedinak, bunn, Nyland. 

Edited by Danny_Villaman84