January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

2 minutes ago, daggy_333 said:

Why does it sound stupid? Hutton will be gone in the summer and you'd expect Elmo to be moved on too. Transfers are paid in instalments anyway so it won't cost us a great deal now. Makes sense to me tbh.

Need players now why waste the budget? 

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Need players now why waste the budget? 

Next years budget. Or we dont need to worry about that. Or its a load of cack.

For some reason though, I think its legit.

Edited by Mazrim
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Hutton, Elmohamady and Bree are all poor, and hopefully will all be gone in the summer.

Nothing wrong with Bree, he's the type of young player we need at the club.

A loan spell will do him good this season.

1 minute ago, wilko154 said:

Nothing wrong with Bree, he's the type of young player we need at the club.

A loan spell will do him good this season.

Well, I was not impressed by him, but it is all opinions. I will be very happy if he becomes a useful player for us.

If Bree has a future at the club and Hutton and Elmo don't beyond this season then what is the point in loaning Bree out exactly? Give him the minutes here if that's the case and make him the first choice right back for the rest of the season. Best of both worlds as he gets the minutes he needs but he gets them here rather than going out on loan and then having to attempt to find his feet here again. If we're working towards next season and only hopeful of a play-off place then surely playing a player who will be here and not persevering with two that won't fits the brief.

Hutton and Elmo are both shite too and obviously the salient point is that it keeps both of them out.

1 hour ago, TheRivieraKid said:
Breaking | Aston Villa are signing Frédéric Guilbert from Caen for €5m, but will loan him back until the end of the season

Our reliable colleague Mohamed Toubache-TER is reporting that French full-back Frédéric Guilbert is currently undergoing a medical with Championship side Aston Villa, who will loan the player back to Caen until the end of the season.

The deal will cost Villa €5m plus €1.5m in bonuses and a sell-on percentage fee clause will be included in the deal. Guilbert will sign a 4.5 year contract with Villa should the medical go to plan.

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2019/transfer-deadline-day-live-31st-january-2019/

Looks like the owners have their sights firmly set on the future.

1 minute ago, AntrimBlack said:

Well, I was not impressed by him, but it is all opinions. I will be very happy if he becomes a useful player for us.

People forget he is still only 21.

I think he has been ok in his appearances for us, probably actually better at CB than RB strangely, but definitely has potential, but needs games. At the moment i wouldn't put him ahead of Hutton, much as that statement is controversial as Hutton can be dreadful sometimes.

• Like 1