January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

12 minutes ago, Villasimmo said:

I’m not knocking the guy, he’s a good player, but we have quite a few defensive midfielders and not many forward thinking ones, hence we aren’t winning too many games atm.

Yeah 34 jedinak and 33 whelan aRe really superb defensive options. We bneddyou get fresher players there. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, royken86 said:

If twitter is to be "trusted" we are missing out on every singel target. Really hope we get at least a good LB and a mobile DM. Anything else is a bonus. 

I think I can help you there....... 

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

Let me just check my list of requirements for a new left-back.

1- Does not look like Neil Taylor - check.

2- Is not as small and feeble as Neil Taylor - check.

3- Is not Neil Taylor - check.

4- Is not Alan Hutton - check.

That'll do it. 

45 minutes ago, Villasimmo said:

I’m not knocking the guy, he’s a good player, but we have quite a few defensive midfielders and not many forward thinking ones, hence we aren’t winning too many games atm.

In Smith's system they don't need t be Pirlo though, they just need to be able to pick a 10 yard pass without giving it away after they've wone the ball back.

8 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

So is the move that Hayden is looking to make because he wants to be closer to London for family reasons ?

He wants to be closer to Wales i think, as his kid lives in wales or something?

i mean, Birmingham is closer to wales than Newcastle, but still......its not exactly a stone throw?

Just now, romavillan said:

In Smith's system they don't need t be Pirlo though, they just need to be able to pick a 10 yard pass without giving it away after they've wone the ball back.

what is this wizardry you speak of?, being able to pick a 10 yard pass without losing it?

Stop drinking and lay off the drugs friend, you are speaking gobbledygook!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Which isn't a lot to ask from a professional footballer but does seem to be way beyond the capability of most of our existing players. 

• Like 1

Just now, sne said:

Starting to think the club is secretly run by our medical team in some sort of Umbrella Corporation style thing were the football side of Aston Villa only works as a front to bring in crippled people they can study and experiment on.

I can buy that. The way some of the players have been gassing long before the game is over I'd suspect they are the smoking beagles kept in confined cages:lol:.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, dounavilla said:

Let me just check my list of requirements for a new left-back.

1- Does not look like Neil Taylor - check.

2- Is not as small and feeble as Neil Taylor - check.

3- Is not Neil Taylor - check.

4- Is not Alan Hutton - check.

Image result for ahmed elmohamady

• Haha 3

Looking at Mings he's been fit since May 2018 but just hasn't got back in the Bournemouth team.

Although granted he was out for 8 months with a back injury and 12 months with a torn knee ligament.

Didn't realise he was 6ft 5in, quite a unit.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

So is Mings main position a LB or CB?

I thought he was a LB who could also play CB, but if he's 6ft 5 I am surprised he isn't primarily a CB who can also play LB?

Edited by MaVilla