Dean Smith

Demitri_C

20 years of mismanagement will take a while to put right.  Totally confident that we have the right team across the football club to bring us sustained development and get us back up where we belong.

• Like 2

Like any manager smith will be judged on results and I think those expressing doubts had every reason when we had won 2 in 13 at the time - however he has turned things around and rightly deserves praise and plaudits for doing so .

we now need to unite behind the boss and players for the final push - it is all to play for and promotion can very much be achieved - we are hitting form at the right time and with other players on their way back to fitness we will take some stopping .

i always felt Leeds would buckle under the pressure come the final few games and I’d be confident of beating them in any play offs - I would hope sheff Utd get 2nd place as they are the only team in the top 6 I’d prefer to avoid 

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 3

In his post match presser Smith indicated 8/9 players called up for international duty. Wondering who they are. 

Taylor, Mcginn, kodjia, Kalinic and BB is all I can come up with.

Just wondering who Smith will have available to work hi magic  with over the break

1 hour ago, soezetoc said:

In his post match presser Smith indicated 8/9 players called up for international duty. Wondering who they are. 

Taylor, Mcginn, kodjia, Kalinic and BB is all I can come up with.

Just wondering who Smith will have available to work hi magic  with over the break

Tammy, Conor,  Elmo?

52 minutes ago, soezetoc said:

I thought Whelan had retired from International play. 

Yes stupid me forgot about Elmo and Connor. 

Wonder if Tammy will still go given he came off injured.  

Could be why he came of injured.....😉

I am still baffled at our form under Smith, I think so many factors have distorted things from injuries to lack of confidence.

I think the whole team looks more evenly balanced, the defence has thrived with Ming's and Hause in it.

Steer looks far more comfortable between the sticks than Kalinic and even Taylor and Elmo are playing well. 

Long may it continue.

I don't think Kalinic is a problem to be honest. Steer has done well, for sure. But he's also benefitted from having a solid defence that has clicked. There's no reason to think Kalinic wouldn't be just as solid if not more so. Not so sure about Nyland but same argument applies I guess.

• Like 2

Â