Dean Smith

Demitri_C

These players are well experienced, i would have every one in on a one on one and get to the bottom of this......questions and answers.

Then i would have them again as a group and another question and answers session.

and compare the views.

Dean needs to shake this lot up, even if the sessions achieve very little, the freeloaders will know he is after them.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He has to respond to recent form with positive actions and change the players and formation, not saying I know what that should look like but it feels like with no Grealish or even Axel we have no composure or creativity through the middle, teams now know all you have to do is stick two players on each winger and our whole attack falls apart.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

The way I see it, there are 3 problems it could be: (couldn't think think of 99:))

1.   Dean smith is a great coach but can't manage with the big boys.

2.   Most of the players know they are gonna be Villa history the end of the season.

3.   They are knackered after the Christmas period.

I'm not going for the 5th that they are all shit, cause I find it hard to believe after the start of Smith's reign. 

I actually think there has been a bit of fall out between DS and the players. Watching the swansea game as they sliced through our defence - there was no shouting or pointing at each they just turned away and shrugged their shoulders. Also check out the muted goal celebrations at Preston away.

Reminds me very much of the houllier season. We found sometime later there was massive discontent in the camp.

1 hour ago, TRO said:

I know times have changed, and its not so easy to do what they did in the past, but...

I think we need a shankly or a saunders approach this ****show of a football team needs sorting out....its been bumping along for too long.

We need a radical approach.

If I was Dean, i would be saying to each and every one of them.....you will go before me...give me another performance like that and it will be next week.

The board have to back him to get tough.

Absolutely bang on TRO. We need this no nonsense approach.

Too often players are deemed responsible for losing managers their jobs.

This once in a lifetime opportunity for Dean Smith and rightfully he needs to get a tough exterior and show them who's boss.

Mr nicey nicey won't win football matches nor will it last in changing rooms in this modern day. Managers will find themselves sinking quicker than the titanic.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, TRO said:

These players are well experienced, i would every one in on a one on one and get to the bottom of this......questions and answers.

Then i would have them again as a group and another question and answers session.

and compare the views.

Dean needs to shake this lot up, even if the sessions achieve very little, the freeloaders will know he is after them.

And spot on again.

**** it. Smith Out -  TRO In.  :flag:

6 minutes ago, striker said:

It’s a pity Villa player’s pay isn’t performance related. You’d see a difference then.

Maybe they have all just clicked that they are mostly out of contract or loaned and realise after 5 months time they won't be here either way whatever league they're in so Why should they give a shit and bust a gut!?..

Defeat or draw vs Sheff Utd and I honestly think it's all over in many aspects.

18 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Maybe they have all just clicked that they are mostly out of contract or loaned and realise after 5 months time they won't be here either way whatever league they're in so Why should they give a shit and bust a gut!?..

Defeat or draw vs Sheff Utd and I honestly think it's all over in many aspects.

Season over you mean? Not Smith?

The more I think about it the more I reckon that once things started to go wrong that loads of the players have realised that they won't be here in the summer, and that is having an effect. The summer is massive, but there's a lot of games between then and now, if we have to play them with more than half of the matchday squad not giving a toss because they know they will be off down the road then we're in the shit.

• Like 1

Dean Smith only had a 40.74% win rate with us, Mark Warburton 51.28% and Uwe Rossler 43.08%, So we actually took a step backwards with employing him, granted he got us playing a very high pressing fast game that was a joy to watch but on the other hand our defending was terrible and we leaked a lot of silly goals, I have watched Villa a few times this season and can see a mirror image of how we played.

His main fault with us was his substitution policy, he either left it too late, changed the wrong players and without changing tactics, he left us for you on the back of a no win in 5 games, we continued this vein with our new Head Coach with only 2 wins in ten, However, he has now changed our defensive formation and steadied the ship and and we are unbeaten in 6 and only conceded 3 goals, and comprehensively beat Stoke on Saturday with a fantastic display.

His record at Walsall was the same, good attacking football but leaking goals, so a pattern seems to be forming with you as well, it seems he is unable to cure this inherent problem, did your board not take this into consideration and not gone for someone experienced with a Big club history and culture like Villa have.

Your views would be interesting to a Household with a Brentford (Me) and Villa (The Wife) supporters

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, jonjon said:

Dean Smith only had a 40.74% win rate with us, Mark Warburton 51.28% and Uwe Rossler 43.08%, So we actually took a step backwards with employing him, granted he got us playing a very high pressing fast game that was a joy to watch but on the other hand our defending was terrible and we leaked a lot of silly goals, I have watched Villa a few times this season and can see a mirror image of how we played.

His main fault with us was his substitution policy, he either left it too late, changed the wrong players and without changing tactics, he left us for you on the back of a no win in 5 games, we continued this vein with our new Head Coach with only 2 wins in ten, However, he has now changed our defensive formation and steadied the ship and and we are unbeaten in 6 and only conceded 3 goals, and comprehensively beat Stoke on Saturday with a fantastic display.

His record at Walsall was the same, good attacking football but leaking goals, so a pattern seems to be forming with you as well, it seems he is unable to cure this inherent problem, did your board not take this into consideration and not gone for someone experienced with a Big club history and culture like Villa have.

Your views would be interesting to a Household with a Brentford (Me) and Villa (The Wife) supporters

I think the board intended to stick with Bruce for this season. His poor results and fan revolt caught the board on the hop. Badically there wasnt a lot available. I am sure they were aware of smiths poor record in defence....but took a gamble anyway...there werent many other options.

What I fear is smith will get the benefit of the doubt and start next season - then come october we will be forced to make another change....only to find all the better managers taken. IMO somehow we have to brwal this cycle of mid season poor appointments.

The other hope of course is that smith gets his own players in and all the problems go away.....

Please, not another change of manager. We have to give Dean the time to build a team that is capable of getting promotion and being able to compete in the Premier league.  This team is certainly not capable of that, so let's be realistic. Look at Norwich this time last season and look at them now. We have to show some faith and get behind our manager.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

We have to give Dean the time to build a team that is capable of getting promotion and being able to compete in the Premier league.

No we don't have to.

It's time to be ruthless. Bradford fans weren't too sad to see him go, like the vistiting fan clearly stated DS is incapable in organize a defence. The honeymoon period is over and DS have been a massive failure so far.

The Wigan result was the last straw for me. Been a long time since i've been this embarrased of my club and it's not acceptable.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

For me the issue is that his Walsall and Brentford teams weren't great. As the poster a couple of posts back has said both warbuton and rosler had a better win ratio than DS.

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

I think the late goals conceded against Albion and Leeds have really knocked the confidence of the players. 

I agree the Leeds game being 2-0 up but the West Brom late goal should never have been allowed

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

No we don't have to.

It's time to be ruthless. Bradford fans weren't too sad to see him go, like the vistiting fan clearly stated DS is incapable in organize a defence. The honeymoon period is over and DS have been a massive failure so far.

The Wigan result was the last straw for me. Been a long time since i've been this embarrased of my club and it's not acceptable.

I agree in part - but lets not forget those choosing the manager had Theiry Henry very seriously in the frame. Best outcome is Smith turns it round 

Â