Dean Smith

Demitri_C

Just now, DCJonah said:

Fine with me.

I can live with that when the different opinion is calling for the manager to be sacked whilst we improve every season. 

You slag me off every time I post and I have never asked for Smith to be sacked. You also send patronising laugh emojis to whoever you disagree with, rarely justifying it, which is just rude

My position is this. I am over the moon progressing to midtable (if were lucky) from fighting relegation in the Championship less than 3 seasons ago. What I am critical of is how we have digressed from playing entertaining football in the first half of the season, looking forward to watching the games, to watching our players not being able to string 2 passes together and nothing changing for close to 20 games. The win against an in form Liverpool at the beginning of the season and then the loss to 10 man Sheffield united frustrated me into thinking the coaching staff may be struggling a little, an unfortunately still are.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Indigo said:

People 🗣️ disagreeing 🗣️ with 🗣️ you 🗣️ isn't 🗣️ them 🗣️ saying 🗣️ you 🗣️ aren't 🗣️ allowed 🗣️ to 🗣️ have 🗣️ an 🗣️ opinion 

It's an endless cycle. 

Someone posts something extreme, people call them out for it 

People, who believe they are balanced in their views, moan that they can't have an opinion. 

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

You slag me off every time I post and I have never asked for Smith to be sacked. You also send patronising laugh emojis to whoever you disagree with, rarely justifying it, which is just rude

My position is this. I am over the moon progressing to midtable (if were lucky) from fighting relegation in the Championship less than 3 seasons ago. What I am critical of is how we have digressed from playing entertaining football in the first half of the season, looking forward to watching the games, to watching our players not being able to string 2 passes together and nothing changing for close to 20 games. The win against an in form Liverpool at the beginning of the season and then the loss to 10 man Sheffield united frustrated me into thinking the coaching staff may be struggling a little, an unfortunately still are.

Please back a claim like this up with some evidence. 

And you literally responded to my post in the last 30 minutes with a laughing emoji. 

We were far from good today. A bright opening 10-15 min and a decent closing 10 min. Other than that we were wasteful against a pathetic baggies team. Yes they've grabbed a couple of wins lately but they are shit. Now I'm not calling for Smith to be gone but he needs to look at himself a little. If we had put it on them 10 mins earlier instead of waiting so late to make changes we would've had 3 points imo. Personally I don't think any sense can be made for removing him, especially half way through a squad rebuild. Asking questions of him though should be a given considering how dire we have been for the last 4 months. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, QldVilla said:

I don’t see how the last 6 games proves anything. Three of the games were against Plop, Man City and Spurs, the other three, were 2 draws and a win. No one battered us, we have been in all games, our goal scoring has been the biggest issue in the second half of the season.

The same Liverpool and Spurs teams who were struggling for form that we helped out with a win. Sure, the last 6 don't prove anything on their own, but it's a fact that our results have got progressively worse in the second half of the season and the trend is very likely to continue, if you look at who we are playing. Who on this board will be happy if the second half of the season ends up showing bottom 3 form? I won't.

• Like 1

Ironic that even in the midst of this rough run of form without our 100m pound forward and captain, Smith still has us set up in a way where we are performing in a style producing mid table expected points.

06C445FA-4A86-4B4F-986F-99BFC56D99E3.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Paulie said:

Ironic that even in the midst of this rough run of form without our 100m pound forward and captain, Smith still has us set up in a way where we are performing in a style producing mid table expected points.

06C445FA-4A86-4B4F-986F-99BFC56D99E3.jpeg

Who'd have thought a mid table team would perform like a mid table team?

Mind blowing.

• Like 2

This 4-3-3 is annoying and frustrating because we can't bloody play it to its full effect. It needs to be dropped.

We are poor, sure we came from behind but we shouldn't of gone behind to begin with. Against a very bad west brom side that most sides given the amount of times we found gaps that we just couldn't finish off.

We are slow, our passing is horrible, better than the city game but it's still not like it were earlier in the year. For some reason our attacking players can't attack effectively and make something of it when it's needed.

I think the scoreline flatters us I really do and it makes things seem better than they actually are. Really our players and Smith made the mess to begin with when it should never of gotten to the point the scoreline was 2-2.

I'm not making excuses today for anyone,the football was crap and it takes a team and management to admit there faults and they should all equally take blame for the games lately. I've often said it lately but we now need players that won't even let a game get to the point our lads let it get to today, sure some games are out of your hands and are a real fight but today's game shouldn't of been that much trouble, against city damn yeah, west brom F no..

Mistakes have crept back in and our two CBs were the main culprits. You also had players like Luiz frustrated with themselves when they got dispossessed and instead of chasing a player down they just stood there and kicked the dirt. Earlier in the season our players would dust that off faster than anything and go chase them down, now we have a bunch of lads throwing little fits all over the field, it's annoying. Simple is you lose the ball go try make amends, kicking the field or being mad at yourself isn't going to get the ball back in our possession.

Something's needs sorting out and things do not feel right in places that is for certain.

Here's one, I can find many more if you want @DCJonah

On 13/03/2021 at 18:33, DCJonah said:

Haha I feel sorry for you. 

Imagine supporting a club and not being able to enjoy the best season in a decade because of some petty feelings towards the manager delivering that best season. 

Chin up. 

Edited by foreveryoung

7 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

We were far from good today. A bright opening 10-15 min and a decent closing 10 min. Other than that we were wasteful against a pathetic baggies team. Yes they've grabbed a couple of wins lately but they are shit. Now I'm not calling for Smith to be gone but he needs to look at himself a little. If we had put it on them 10 mins earlier instead of waiting so late to make changes we would've had 3 points imo. Personally I don't think any sense can be made for removing him, especially half way through a squad rebuild. Asking questions of him though should be a given considering how dire we have been for the last 4 months. 

I think lots of valid questions get asked and answered. But because the answer given isn't 'Dean is a terrible coach' they're then labelled as excuses. 

5 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

The same Liverpool and Spurs teams who were struggling for form that we helped out with a win. Sure, the last 6 don't prove anything on their own, but it's a fact that our results have got progressively worse in the second half of the season and the trend is very likely to continue, if you look at who we are playing. Who on this board will be happy if the second half of the season ends up showing bottom 3 form? I won't.

Liverpool had won the previous 2 league games before they played us and Spurs had won 4 of the previous 5 games

7 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

It seems it at times. It was last season.

But that's your opinion, I didn't say that. I'm criticising those who are calling for him to be sacked or who do nothing but criticise the man. Are you claiming they don't exist? 

No and I don't really agree with people who go as far as that, but they are entitled to that opinion. My opinion is most people are somewhere in between and fairly balanced about their opinions on Dean, but you are entitled to disagree.

Emotions run high, we have come a long way but our recent form is just dire and hard to endure.

Today I thought we were a little bit better but still not good enough.

Just now, foreveryoung said:
On 13/03/2021 at 18:33, DCJonah said:

Haha I feel sorry for you. 

Imagine supporting a club and not being able to enjoy the best season in a decade because of some petty feelings towards the manager delivering that best season. 

Chin up. 

That's slagging you off? 

Where in that post have I slagged you off? 

You also claimed I do this everytime you post. 

20 minutes ago, Indigo said:

People 🗣️ disagreeing 🗣️ with 🗣️ you 🗣️ isn't 🗣️ them 🗣️ saying 🗣️ you 🗣️ aren't 🗣️ allowed 🗣️ to 🗣️ have 🗣️ an 🗣️ opinion 

I feel like a word was spoken every minute there, like a conversation in bullet time.

• Haha 1

Just now, VillanousOne said:

No and I don't really agree with people who go as far as that, but they are entitled to that opinion. My opinion is most people are somewhere in between and fairly balanced about their opinions on Dean, but you are entitled to disagree.

Emotions run high, we have come a long way but our recent form is just dire and hard to endure.

Today I thought we were a little bit better but still not good enough.

They are entitled to it and I'm entitled to completely disagree with it. So I'm not sure what the issue is. 

I believe we have some very entitled fans and fans without any patience what so ever. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Those who are happy seem to be ignoring the form, but how can you? The way a team finishes one season inevitably has an impact on how you start the next one in all sorts of ways, prize money, optimism, new signings, keeping your star talent, etc.

As for tonight, we did look better, but largely because West Brom are crap and let us have the ball. We still almost contrived to lose. I think there is plenty to worry about.

Honestly, I think there's little or nothing to worry about for the time being. 

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

That's slagging you off? 

Where in that post have I slagged you off? 

You also claimed I do this everytime you post. 

Slagging, patronising it's all the same. You welcome to your opinion like all of us, but you are as good as saying your right were wrong everytime, an continue to label fans who disagree with you.

Edited by foreveryoung
  • Like 2

Â