Dean Smith

Demitri_C

Thought he and the staff had a decent game. Changed instructions and we played some good stuff second half. 

(Other fans posting extreme one way or another, positive or negative doesn't bother me, that why I come here. Nobody forces me to read them.)

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

23 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

This thread is turning me off football almost as much as the Super League farce.

Im not sure I can justify the cost of a season ticket to spend 19 matches of football in the company of a fan base that has become so entitled.

I genuinely thought a couple of years in the championship might have humbled us a bit but no we’re now calling for a manager who’s taken us from 14th in the championship to 11th in the premier league in 2 and a bit seasons to go.

Yeah I've stayed off this thread the past week. It's ridiculous that you've got to read such negativity non stop during the best season we've had in a decade. 

You're absolutely bang on, it's entitled fans (based on nothing) who for some reason have lost the ability to be patient. 

I genuinely thought relegation would have changed things, but promotion back has brought the worst out of so many. 

Embarrassing. Kind of stuff we used to mock the likes of Newcastle, West Ham and Spurs for. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

No at all mate, fans are calling for his head, because we started off entertaining and with a winning mentality, including running riot beating the Champions 7-2. Now we have won 5 in 19, losing against 10 man Sheffield united and struggling to get a point against West Brom.

How dare he have a bad spell. 

At least you're now admitting people are calling for his head. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Majority of people aren't " calling for the manager " though, they are criticising elements and asking questions, which I feel they are entitled to do.

As any football fan is.

It's still baffling to me that people can't grasp that football is an emotional game, and we are emotionally tied to the club. No one is going to sit down in Buddha pose focusing on their chakras while they are amped up, during and after a game.

Of course not. But there's a huge gap between sitting in a Buddha pose and the constant, and it has been constant, criticism of the manager from day 1.

Just now, VillanousOne said:

I find posts like this slagging off your own fans for having an opinion other than yours just as embarrasing

Fine with me.

I can live with that when the different opinion is calling for the manager to be sacked whilst we improve every season. 

33 minutes ago, Zatman said:

In the last 20 games we are 11th in the form table which starts on Boxing Day which is pretty much when the 2nd half of the season usually starts

There are 38 games in a Premier League season, so the second half of the season starts with match day 20, which for us was the 3-2 loss to Burnley.

Our form between then and tonight, puts us 14th in the form table and we've steadily been getting worse.  Over the last six games our form puts us in 18th. We have been dreadful.

11 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think there's a developing tactical stubbornness - if we lose key players, we look for like for like, even if the quality isn't anything like the same rather than look to change the shape. I'd like to see him add a second method to his game, a plan B.

It'll come. We need a better, and more importantly, deeper squad first though. 

Just now, DCJonah said:

Fine with me.

I can live with that when the different opinion is calling for the manager to be sacked whilst we improve every season. 

Show me the quotes of people saying they want Dean to be sacked. At best one in 20 comments yet you make out this thread is a Dean Smith lynch mob.

1 minute ago, Lerner's Driver said:

There are 38 games in a Premier League season, so the second half of the season starts with match day 20, which for us was the 3-2 loss to Burnley.

Our form between then and tonight, puts us 14th in the form table and we've steadily been getting worse.  Over the last six games our form puts us in 18th. We have been dreadful.

True, form has not been good enough. We played better tonight though. 

10 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Majority of people aren't " calling for the manager " though, they are criticising elements and asking questions, which I feel they are entitled to do.

As any football fan is.

It's still baffling to me that people can't grasp that football is an emotional game, and we are emotionally tied to the club. No one is going to sit down in Buddha pose focusing on their chakras while they are amped up, during and after a game.

What's the purpose in us watching or discussing anything, if we are all supposed to just sing cumbaya, like a a cult, regardless of what is happening in real time.

I mean I was responding to posts saying “he has to go”, “I’ve had enough of him” and “he’s disgraced the club tonight” to quote just three examples. 

2 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

Show me the quotes of people saying they want Dean to be sacked. At best one in 20 comments yet you make out this thread is a Dean Smith lynch mob.

It seems it at times. It was last season.

But that's your opinion, I didn't say that. I'm criticising those who are calling for him to be sacked or who do nothing but criticise the man. Are you claiming they don't exist? 

5 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

I don’t see how the last 6 games proves anything. Three of the games were against Plop, Man City and Spurs, the other three, were 2 draws and a win. No one battered us, we have been in all games, our goal scoring has been the biggest issue in the second half of the season.

2 minutes ago, vreitti said:

True, form has not been good enough. We played better tonight though. 

Those who are happy seem to be ignoring the form, but how can you? The way a team finishes one season inevitably has an impact on how you start the next one in all sorts of ways, prize money, optimism, new signings, keeping your star talent, etc.

As for tonight, we did look better, but largely because West Brom are crap and let us have the ball. We still almost contrived to lose. I think there is plenty to worry about.

4 minutes ago, Indigo said:

People 🗣️ disagreeing 🗣️ with 🗣️ you 🗣️ isn't 🗣️ them 🗣️ saying 🗣️ you 🗣️ aren't 🗣️ allowed 🗣️ to 🗣️ have 🗣️ an 🗣️ opinion 

An important that all sorts of people, not just On Here, would benefit from remembering.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

A genuine question I want to ask people.

Do you think Dean himself, the players with ambition ( Like Martinez for example ), and the board, are always happy, with some of the displays and/or results?

No.

Your point is? please..

• Like 1

Â