Dean Smith

Demitri_C

Without Jack we are a poor team 90% of the time.

Cash **** up the second half plan after five minutes.

Don't sub Barkley on again - he doesn't deserve chance after chance.

Davis for Ramsey was the right call.

We played like cowards, lacking in self belief and no I'm not saying we should be anywhere close to City but we should at least show a bit of bottle.

• Like 1

Why did people keep mentioning the game of City v Leeds.  

Yes Leeds won but they were a bit fortunate and not how many keep portraying it and I thought City were off the boil a bit against Leeds whereas first half they were on fire against us in possession.

Leeds beat Man City, 2-1 with 2 shots, 2 on target and 29% possession.  Man City had 29 shots that game.  So people can bugger off talking about Leeds comparison against Man City.

https://www.skysports.com/football/manchester-city-vs-leeds-united/stats/429142

126A9004-1EDF-4F81-A033-84DBAFDED944.jpeg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

I'm not blaming Dean, but I am so sick of the midfield and attack that I really hope he starts playing the kids, blood a few ready for next season.

Agreed, but this was not the game for our kids. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lerner's Driver said:

I think he could get the boot if next season starts as badly as this one is ending. 

Ssssh, you can't say things like that on here, you'll get lynched

Edited by VillanousOne
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

I'm not blaming Dean, but I am so sick of the midfield and attack that I really hope he starts playing the kids, blood a few ready for next season.

Not a time for the kids

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Not a time for the kids

wrong.

Not every match, but some. Bringing a few on a subs to get some experience rather than seeing the same subs every game have zero impact.

Edited by VillanousOne

1 minute ago, Lerner's Driver said:

I think he could get the boot if next season starts as badly as this one is ending. 

He definitely will, the board won't accept this. I think he may be feeling the pressure on his shoulders now, if results continue to plummet till end of the season, I do wonder if the board will keep patience with him. Hope for his own sake he can improve performance and results.

I thought Smith got a lot right tonight, and this idea of playing Nakamba + Luiz with one winger is worth persisting with. Very similar to Benitez's system at Liverpool.

The manager can't do much about (a) City having one of the best squads ever assembled, and (b) Matty Cash throwing away our advantage.

Anyone who was at Villa Park for the 6-1 last season will remember how humiliating that was. This was a big improvement on that. Still a shame to not take advantage of the extra man, and to not really go all-out attack in the last 30, but given the Grealish absence, I think Smith did okay here and doesn't deserve much blame.

Edited by KentVillan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Why did people keep mentioning the game of City v Leeds.  

Yes Leeds won but they were a bit fortunate and not how many keep portraying it and I thought City were off the boil a bit against Leeds whereas first half they were on fire against us in possession.

Leeds beat Man City, 2-1 with 2 shots, 2 on target and 29% possession.  Man City had 29 shots that game.  So people can bugger off talking about Leeds comparison against Man City.

https://www.skysports.com/football/manchester-city-vs-leeds-united/stats/429142

126A9004-1EDF-4F81-A033-84DBAFDED944.jpeg

Did you watch the match? I dont disagree that leeds were incredibly lucky but in that game they harrassed city at every opportunity and worked much harder than we did tonight

• Like 1

Just now, Lerner's Driver said:

Why not? What is there to lose? At least they will show some enthusiasm.

Same conversation as the last couple of weeks.  I’ve said my points a number of times, I’m not going over it again.  If you don’t know my view on the subject, you haven’t been reading this site recently because I along with others have been very vocal on the subject.  

Sorry dude, it’s not aimed at you but I’m not having the same discussion again because it’s gone round in circles.

But no, my view is, it’s not time for the kids for many reasons I’ve gone into detail on.

1 minute ago, KentVillan said:

I thought Smith got a lot right tonight, and this idea of playing Nakamba + Luiz with one winger is worth persisting with. Very similar to Benitez's system at Liverpool.

The manager can't do much about (a) City having one of the best squads ever assembled, and (b) Matty Cash throwing away our advantage.

Anyone who was at Villa Park for the 6-1 last season will remember how humiliating that was. This was a big improvement on that. Still a shame to not take advantage of the man advantage, and to not really go for the win in the last 30, but given the Grealish absence, I think Smith did okay here and doesn't deserve much blame.

For the starting line up I think he made the right call, he also made the right subs at the right time. You can't manage the stupidity of Cash.

The fact that the players treat the ball like a live grenade needs to be addressed on the training ground.

• Like 1

Â