Dean Smith

Demitri_C

I thought he did well to try to nullify the threat today, but we were under so much pressure. Fine margins I guess. Good team selection and subs. Can't wait for a few more transfer windows under our belts to see what we can do. 

• Like 1

Our defence looks so well organised these days. I love how there are clear patterns to the way we handle everything - those “hoofs” by Mings have been well drilled, and he’s usually finding Watkins.

Big negative continues to be central midfield, where I think Barkley is playing as an old fashioned support striker, leaving the other 2 with a lot of work to do.

Be interesting to see how Smith handles that tantrum at the end. Charitably, it may have just been frustration with his own performance. Again he’s had a good chance to score and fluffed it so he can only blame himself.

• Like 2

Clap Yes GIF

Even he's clapping. I just wanted to say that if we didn't have that blastard Covid outbreak in our camp then some of the games we have lost would have been wins for us. 

Brighton next after a proper week of preparation. Brighton better have the vaseline ready. There's something about a 1-0 that's oddly satisfying sometimes.

Edited by Sulberto21

3 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Clap Yes GIF

Even he's clapping. I just wanted to say that if we didn't have that blastard Covid outbreak in our camp then some of the games we have lost would have been wins for us. 

Brighton next after a proper week of preparation. Brighton better have the vaseline ready. There's something about a 1-0 that's oddly satisfying sometimes.

donald trump applause GIF by franceinfo

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Scared me shitless with his decisions.

Proved to be right though. lol

At least you can enjoy the rest of the weekend not clogged up.

jurassic park deal with it GIF

Edited by nick76
  • Haha 3

Where we need to improve a lot is keeping the ball better. You see all the top teams doing it.

You don't always have to attack everytime you win the ball. Often it's smart to slow the game down, keep the ball and make the opponent having to chase the ball.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I have a feeling AFTV will be a giggle today.

Well done Smith ace job on arsenal today.

I'm so tired of the same old lazy commentators I mute the game and have AFTV synced in the background whenever I watch an Arsenal game now.

• Like 1

Comments from a Leeds fan:

’’Villa defenders die for the team, they fly all over the place. Mings is like a wall’’

Credit to the players and Smith for this.  Wasn’t good enough and they bounced back and played like they have for most of the season. Show’s character.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Where we need to improve a lot is keeping the ball better. You see all the top teams doing it.

You don't always have to attack everytime you win the ball. Often it's smart to slow the game down, keep the ball and make the opponent having to chase the ball.

You are right. We need to keep the ball a lot better at times. We also need to finished teams off in the break.

Seriously though can you ever say anything positive about the team and Smith?

There was a 15 minute period in the second half where we stepped it up a level and we had about 5 shots and they were decent chances. They couldn't handle us in that period.

Thankfully we can reset now and restart because we've got a proper week of preparation now. 

17 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Seriously though can you ever say anything positive about the team and Smith?

If we want to keep improving we must always strive for perfection.

Resting on our laurels will get us nowhere.

Defensively we were astute but when in possession we have lots we can improve on.

Â