Dean Smith

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

That's fair enough - not easy to argue with, but I'd still give him time to turn it around. I think he can. 

But how much time do you give him? Now is the best possible time to replace the manager as we have the international break. Leave it any later and we won't get a manager in who will have enough time to see what we need in January.

I would love nothing more than for Smith to turn things around, but I don't see that happening.

1 minute ago, villan501 said:

Wow so we have to respect him when he sets up poorly and picks wrong team, whys this because he's a villa fan.

OK dad I'll fall in line I respect Dean Smith. Bet he wishes you were his boss he has a job for life regardless of performance.

You don't have to suck his dick, and there are no end of people criticising his decisions, but I think it's absolutely right that people push back on the insults and abuse for a genuine, decent man who loves our club. 

• Like 3

Dean Smith has done a fantastic job for which he can be proud of but its simple hw isn't premiership management level.

I'm great full for what he's done but he has been awful this year and deserves to enjoy a hard earned holiday, he's not upto premiership level.

8 minutes ago, lexicon said:

It's not the game to sack Smith on. Freak goal from Southampton and second half was a hell of a lot better.

It really is mate . We can’t continue in panic mode , it’s not just the last 5 games it’s been here for some time . Not sure what’s happening withe coaches coming and going but we’re a shambles . 
if we’re honest they should have been out of site first half . Again we have a brief spell with no end product . 
we have a collection of players that look like they are not coached and playing out of position . 
we’re desperately weak in midfield this has not been addressed, 

Just now, jacketspuds said:

But how much time do you give him? Now is the best possible time to replace the manager as we have the international break. Leave it any later and we won't get a manager in who will have enough time to see what we need in January.

I would love nothing more than for Smith to turn things around, but I don't see that happening.

Good question. But now isn't the time. 

1 minute ago, avfc1982am said:

45 min of football shouldn't change a thing. A good 90 mins was needed tonight and moving forward, not 45 mins. That tells me lessons aren't being learnt. I think his position is untenable now.

It wasn't even 45 minutes to be honest.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, villan501 said:

Wow so we have to respect him when he sets up poorly and picks wrong team, whys this because he's a villa fan.

OK dad I'll fall in line I respect Dean Smith. Bet he wishes you were his boss he has a job for life regardless of performance.

You respect the work he's done overall over the last 3 fecking years. You don't have to still want him around but the guy doesn't deserve a kicking or abuse. 

• Like 2

Defo his last game, his body language said it all to me. I've enjoyed his time here (mostly) and helped me fall back in love with the club after years of disappointment, I'm honestly gutted to see his time here end like this. I really hoped he could push us on this season but it's gone completely awry. We urgently need fresh impetus and someone who can arrest this slide now before it's becomes irreversible.

2 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

If we get rid now we'll end up with a snap panic appointment. 

I'll give him until January at least. 

Id sack Shakespeare now though, who I think is pushing us in the wrong direction. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

You don't have to suck his dick, and there are no end of people criticising his decisions, but I think it's absolutely right that people push back on the insults and abuse for a genuine, decent man who loves our club. 

Oi I didn't insult him so don't start pointing the finger at me, I'm entitled to my opinion  and he's put of his depth.

Feels like even those that want him to stay are in a position to accept him leaving. (I include myself in that bracket given i friends that have wanted him gone for longer and more than once in the past). This is the first time I've felt this way under Smith and there are a lot of posts to this effect. 

The response he got in the second half suggests he hasn't lost the dressing room, but I just don't see how we'll ever turn this around.

Deserves every once of respect from villa fans for what he's achieved.

The only way he stays is if there isn't anyone else we want to bring in that we feel we can 

3 minutes ago, jim said:

“Thought we started well” 😂

He was a breath of fresh air with his openness and insight in interviews when he joined us, but once again in recent weeks, I find myself wondering if he's trying to kid us or himself. 

• Like 2

Â