Dean Smith

Demitri_C

In time we'll look back and realise he was the lucky coach who timed his tenure with the best player the club has ever seen. Without Grealish Smith has been badly exposed. He's a great bloke and has been a credit to the club but if our owners are ambitious, he's not the man for the job.

• Like 1

He has achieved a great amount at this club but his time has run it’s course

From what I have seen, the positioning, defence, patterns of play.. he won’t be able to turn that around.

I do feel that the coaches brought in haven’t helped, Clearly Terry and O’ Kelly brought a lot to this squad and he is missing them.

We need a top class manager, I don’t know who could replace him.

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

If I was Purslow I would let Dean have a bit of Dignity and allow him to resign and walk away rather than sack him,  but he has to go.

I understand what your saying but no one resigns in this day and age, if only for the financial ramifications. Why walk from a huge pay off, which usually happens if you’re sacked.

3 minutes ago, Raymond said:

Reads like Percy knows something. 

It's a good point though. 

We've spent SO much money now.  Even with losing our best player, it's still only 1 player, we shouldn't have spent that much money and look so clueless and losing 5 on the bounce.

Thank god an out of nowhere win against United materialised or we would be in the relegation zone right now. 

Just now, Keyblade said:

Love seeing James Collins talking about showing effort etc and criticizing this team when it wasn't too long ago he completely downed tools under Houllier along with Richard Dunne.

James 'four cans of cider' collins? Forever the professional. 

• Like 1

Just now, Reivax_Villa said:

He has achieved a great amount at this club but his time has run it’s course

From what I have seen, the positioning, defence, patterns of play.. he won’t be able to turn that around.

I do feel that the coaches brought in haven’t helped, Clearly Terry and O’ Kelly brought a lot to this squad and he is missing them.

We need a top class manager, I don’t know who could replace him.

ROK is a huge miss imo. When he left that's when I sensed something might have been wrong behind the scenes. That's been his right hand man since day 1.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

ROK is a huge miss imo. When he left that's when I sensed something might have been wrong behind the scenes. That's been his right hand man since day 1.

Yep. Made little sense when he left. I was more relaxed about JT going as that looked likely to happen (still without a job?....) but O'Kelly and Smith were big mates for years and for him to suddenly leave was a bit odd.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Buendia losing out on the that 50/50 in the 2nd minute sums up our season. 

Not sure he'd win a challenge in an under 12s game. Its early days, but he looks like a complete waste of money. Weak, slow, and is creating almost nothing. 

• Like 1

Â