Jesus Garcia Pitarch

alreadyexists

17 minutes ago, Zatman said:

What was he expected to do. Sign 6 20million players and us struggling to fill out the bench weekly 

Good thing I wasn't suggesting that. I just said the average fee per player is too low. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Should read post again and see I said "having to sign so many players". Clearly didn't mean signing 6 players only.

Edited by Bugzy1991

16 minutes ago, Zatman said:

What was he expected to do. Sign 6 20million players and us struggling to fill out the bench weekly 

Tbh, if all that 20m tranfer fees was spent well, yeah.

An actual 20m worth striker and 1 actual 20m worth winger and our forward line is mostly set. One 20m worth midfielder alongside Grealish and Mcginn and our midfield is set. 20m for a left back and 20m for Mings and another CB. we could perhaps then loan Heaton or some other goalkeeper if you really don't want to spend any more money.

In fact, utlizing loans a lot to help plug in the gaps in our bench and team would help tremendously and I'm sure we'd be a very desirable destination for a lot of young players at that point. And surely there are enough young players out there who are capable of playing at a championship level at least that we could get on a loan. Remember, we don't really need the entire team to be premier league quality,(god knows our current team mostly isn't) as long as we have enough PL quality players in the squad.

The first team we should get for that kind of money should be comfortably out of the relegation zone. Of course this is in the benefit of hindsight and assuming our 20m players are at least as good as the fees we paid for them(which should beaverage PL quality). But the point is, its not at all impossible for them to use such a policy and still fill our squad. 

Edited by Laughable Chimp

4 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Tbh, if all that 20m tranfer fees was spent well, yeah.

An actual 20m worth striker and 1 actual 20m worth winger and our forward line is mostly set. One 20m worth midfielder alongside Grealish and Mcginn and our midfield is set. 20m for a left back and 20m for Mings and another CB. we could perhaps then loan Heaton or some other goalkeeper if you really don't want to spend any more money.

In fact, utlizing loans a lot to help plug in the gaps in our bench and team would help tremendously and I'm sure we'd be a very desirable destination for a lot of young players at that point. And surely there are enough young players out there who are capable of playing at a championship level at least that we could get on a loan. Remember, we don't really need the entire team to be premier league quality,(god knows our current team mostly isn't) as long as we have enough of them in the squad.

The first team we should get for that kind of money should be comfortably out of the relegation zone. Of course this is in the benefit of hindsight and assuming our 20m players are at least as good as the fees we paid for them(which should beaverage PL quality). But the point is, its not at all impossible for them to use such a policy and still fill our squad.

Football doesn't work like way you have described mate i work in football so i should know. This isn't Football Manager you know?Many  different factors.

Stop day-dreaming.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Brilliant in theory but we had to buy 3 centre backs plus Mings, goalkeeper, 2 full backs already. That would be over 120 million gone already.

We don't have to buy 3 centre backs plus Mings. Buy 2 including Mings and loan one. We can make do Mings, and 2 other hypothetical CBs plus Chester should be enough

We can loan Heaton or another keeper.

Guilbert was already bought so he doesn't count. 

That only amounts to 60.

28 minutes ago, Derryvillan said:

3 of our 1st team are out for a good while.If we'd brought in 6 players for 120m and 3 got injured we'd be royally screwed.We're barely coping as is.

I really don't think we'd be much worse tbh.

Wesley, Mcginn and Heaton are out, so lets pretend the same is true in this other hypothetical scenario. (And assume we still bought Targett as one of our 20m transfers,  and Wesley I guess although I'd still rather we bought someone else with that money). 

We'd be in the exact same position in the keeping department.

We'd still have Taylor in for Targett. So, exact same position here.

We'd have Mings and a hypothetical 20m worth CB. with Chester and a loan as backup. 3 at the back is still an option but not recommended. We'd have a better centre back duo than what we currently have, just less cover.

We'd be in the exact same position in the rb department.

Our midfield would be Grealish, a hypothetical 20m(Philips maybe) and a hypothetical loaned CM. Considering how absolute wank our midfield is, I fail to see how currently this would be any worse.

Our forward line would still have the same exact issue of having no **** strikers unless we bring one in during January. However, we now have a 20m winger(maybe Benrahma) to play and I guess we would've kept Green. Not great, but I don't think Benrahma and Green would be worse than Trezeguet and El Ghazi.

Of course again, lots of assumptions going in here. But my point is still that it was possible to build a squad that wouldn't be much worse if not better by spending 20m on players. And even an injury crisis similar to the one we are suffering now wouldn't affect as much more than it is doing now.

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Chester didnt get fit until October so we be playing Suleiman as backup so a 4th centre back was needed

Ok fine, bring in hause for 3 million. There, done. Surely we'd have enough left in the bank just for this? We shouldn't only be be going for 20m pound worth players in the first place either.

8 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

We don't have to buy 3 centre backs plus Mings. Buy 2 including Mings and loan one. We can make do Mings, and 2 other hypothetical CBs plus Chester should be enough

We can loan Heaton or another keeper.

Guilbert was already bought so he doesn't count. 

That only amounts to 60.

Why would Burnley loan out their captain? 
What good CB would we get on loan? 

1 hour ago, KentVillan said:

The further away you get from the pitch, the more fans make up facts using their wild imaginations.

The order of factual accuracy goes something like:

1. Player who starts regularly

2. Player on bench (improves in quality with each minute on the bench / has fallen out with boss)

3. Injured player (desperately needed back from injury / is a pussy)

4. Player we’ve been linked with (is exactly what we need / dog shit / nice bloke / alcoholic)

5. Old Villa player who you’ve actually seen play (improves steadily with each passing year, especially post retirement)

6. Old Villa player who you’ve only seen on one highlight vid and heard other people talk about (world class)

7. Dean Smith (clueless)

8. John Terry (clueless on set pieces)

9. Richard O’Kelly (clueless at this level)

10. Suso (incompetent)

Most of this thread is just people making stuff up based on stuff other people have made up. No doubt Suso’s reputation among fans at Atletico and Valencia was largely formed through the same process of making shit up, but in Spanish.

I enjoy reading all these theories about what Suso gets up to, but he’s had 2 and a half transfer windows. I’m not sure what was expected?

Ergo, fans are morons.

What we do know, is purely from the media, who regularly show they are wrong.  Games, which are purely representative within margins set by the games designers, or hearsay, which is often lacking in details anyway.  Football today is powered by agents.   They're the people who are essentially playing football manager.  They recommend their clients do x, y or z.  Look at benteke to Liverpool.   Everyone on here knew that was a bad move for him.  We all knew they style of play they were playing really didn't match bentekes playing style, yet for 35m quid (probably £2-5m for his agent), he's made a killing.

Players are clubs most precious commodities, they don't sell players easily, especially to clubs in the same sort of position, unless they think they'll benefit.

Its not an easy job and Suso has a half decent track record.  You've just got to give him and Smith the chance to actually build something.  

• Like 2

Â