Jesus Garcia Pitarch

alreadyexists

I Really don't get this beef for Wesley,

He got stuck up front as a lone striker, Didn't get the required service in a system that has since been back heeled. 

IMO he did the best he could do under those circumstances, As the saying goes "You can only piss with the cock you got" 

Good luck with the recovery fella 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Kingman said:

He got stuck up front as a lone striker, Didn't get the required service in a system that has since been back heeled. 

IMO he did the best he could do under those circumstances, As the saying goes "You can only piss with the cock you got" 

He got the service. Problem is Wesley finds himself in midfield whenever we put a cross in.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

The signings this window make sense. It's absolutely obvious we are restricted from spending due to FFP, so I won't go batshit over the signing of a championship reject. 

Pitarch has not disappointed or impressed so far. I'll give him another year I reckon

That's good of you ;)

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Hahaha. No. We created plenty and the stats show that. He just either missed or wasn't where a striker should be.

Can already see the classic case of VT 'player not played for a while suddenly is transformed to a better player than he is' syndrom. 

He's been absolutely **** shite. Piss poor. There's nothing else to it. 

We all wanted him to do well, but he hasn't. He had two alright performances before he got crocked. And he wasn't amazing then, just alright. But as a whole he's been a catastrophic signing. Up there with the worst in our history considering the importance of the season, the money we paid, how often he's played etc. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Kingman said:

For his position, understat shows that he actually got close to the average amount of xG that a striker would get compared to the average(0.35 to the average of 0.37). The idea that he simply didn't get enough service is just not true. 

Edited by Laughable Chimp

1 hour ago, Kingman said:

Not even the evidence provided of the potential upon the system change will change some people stances. It's a "That's my story and I'm sticking to it" type mentality.

As well as the purposeful non acknowledgment of the whole team behind him performing shite.

These shouldn't have been moaning when we had no striker, as playing with him was like playing with 10 men, so the team should have flourished.

Anyway this horse has been beaten dead and revived so many times it's boring.

God help the new recruits.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Hahaha. No. We created plenty and the stats show that. He just either missed or wasn't where a striker should be.

Can already see the classic case of VT 'player not played for a while suddenly is transformed to a better player than he is' syndrom. 

He's been absolutely **** shite. Piss poor. There's nothing else to it. 

We all wanted him to do well, but he hasn't. He had two alright performances before he got crocked. And he wasn't amazing then, just alright. But as a whole he's been a catastrophic signing. Up there with the worst in our history considering the importance of the season, the money we paid, how often he's played etc. 

The irony is in his last 2 performances before his injury YOU started saying you thought he did well, which I thought was admirable based on your previously Hardline criticism, now you've reverted to form.

Is this boredom or bandwagonism?

We were playing awesome and creating loads of chances lol.

From what I remember the midfield couldn't string 5 passes together and the defenders couldn't defend.

Which was even admitted by Jack in his last post match interview.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The irony is in his last 2 performances before his injury you started saying you thought he did well, which I thought was admirable, now you've reverted to form.

Is this boredom or bandwagonism?

We were playing awesome and creating loads of chances lol.

From what I remember the midfield couldn't string 5 passes together and the defenders couldn't defend.

Which was even admitted by Jack in his last post match interview.

Are you quite well? I literally state in the post you quoted that he did better those matches. 

4 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Are you quite well? I literally state in the post you quoted that he did better those matches. 

Yet he is "up there with our worst signings in history", based on half a season in a newly promoted, overall poorly performing team.... in a system which wasn't suiting any of them.

Off the top of my head, players like Stan Petrov were "shite" for a whole season.

Anyway again, pointless.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yet he is "up there with our worst signings in history", based on half a season in a newly promoted, overall poorly performing team.... in a system which wasn't suiting any of them.

Off the top of my head, players like Stan Petrov were "shite" for a whole season.

Anyway again, pointless.

Then why start talking about bandwagons? I've always been very clear in my opinion of him. Simply because you think your warped wrong view of something is the truth doesn't mean it's okey accuse people of this and that. Or create scenarios that never happened. Personally I couldn't give a flying **** what you find admirable. So thanks for the chuckle. 

And yes on every sensible metric you can find he's among our worst flops ever. Anyone not coloured by some kind of weird ass loyalty can see this. He's a joke among the fans I know of other clubs and that says much. 

Wesley is really the only really bad grade I can give him so far. That signing alone is catastrophicly bad. 

It really isn’t. He will come good. According to Transfer Market, which is usually very conservative with it’s valuations, he is already worth more than we paid for him, Therefore, even if he doesn’t nail a place down with us, which he will, we are likely to sell at profit. Hardly catastrophic!
Hogan says hello 👋 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I'm not massively impressed with his work over the two windows in all honesty but if we do stay up then it's hard to complain too much since that is the only objective this season. The jury is out.

That's fair

Wesley is really the only really bad grade I can give him so far. That signing alone is catastrophicly bad. 

And yet he had 1 less goal than Benteke same stage in debut season where Benteke scored 19 by season end and Wesley looked like clicking into place vs Burnley where we absolutely bossed 1st half and should've been 3-0 up

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kingman said:

This is part of the issue. It was the same with Hogan. It's always the fault of everyone else. 

In Grealish we have someone up there with De Bruyne for chances created yet people genuinely believe Wesley had no service. 

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

And yet he had 1 less goal than Benteke same stage in debut season where Benteke scored 19 by season end and Wesley looked like clicking into place vs Burnley where we absolutely bossed 1st half and should've been 3-0 up

You keep bringing up Benteke. It's such a daft argument. 

Benteke put in performances early on that Wesley could not come close to. The idea that because benteke scored loads 2nd half of the season means wesley could have as well is based on blind hope. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, bannedfromHandV said:

When did we become such a bunch of knobheads or have we always been like this but I’ve not noticed before?!

Always I think. Some people wrote some disgusting things when bruce was linked with the job. 

Â