Jesus Garcia Pitarch

alreadyexists

Just thought I’d beat the rush to give Suso congratulations on a fantastic January to date.

(I doubt there will be any other PL clubs that have managed to buy 3 regular starters in this window.)

Edited by Elton
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Elton said:

Just thought I’d beat the rush to give Suso congratulations on a fantastic January to date.

(I doubt there will be any other PL clubs that have managed to buy 3 regular starters in this window.)

I don’t think any needed to..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

And they went into the season with more then one striker and one decent central midfielder 

As did we but Davis and Kodjia. Agree we needed another forward though. It’s being put right now and it’s not too late. I know you’re a glass half broken kind of guy but we can’t go back in time and this has been a good window in very difficult circumstances.

4 minutes ago, Elton said:

As did we but Davis and Kodjia. Agree we needed another forward though. It’s being put right now and it’s not too late. I know you’re a glass half broken kind of guy but we can’t go back in time and this has been a good window in very difficult circumstances.

It’s been an ok window I’d say. Reina will be good for 6 months, Drinkwater is garbage so a lot depends on how this Samatta bloke gets on. I still think we’ll sign one more forward player which is important. 

I also prefer my glass half empty rather than half broken. 

Edited by Delphinho123
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

All eyes on Suso.

If we end the window with Samatta and Drinkwater as our only signings then that's a pretty poor effort.

Poor new number 1 goalkeeper, got left out. :( 

Oh and Louie Barry... 

Edited by Tayls
  • Like 1

All eyes on suso... 

A man that we don't know what he does all day 

He could be currently 95% through a deal to sign messi but when it hits a snag and falls through tomorrow its "nah he's **** shit mate" 

Fully expecting a meltdown if bowen signs for Palace when in reality we don't know if we bid, if Hull said no to us but yes to Palace, if Palace offered silly wages, if we offered higher wages but he still chose palace

I'm not overly defending him I just don't see how you can judge a guy when you simply don't **** know

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

All eyes on suso... 

A man that we don't know what he does all day 

He could be currently 95% through a deal to sign messi but when it hits a snag and falls through tomorrow its "nah he's **** shit mate" 

Fully expecting a meltdown if bowen signs for Palace when in reality we don't know if we bid, if Hull said no to us but yes to Palace, if Palace offered silly wages, if we offered higher wages but he still chose palace

I'm not overly defending him I just don't see how you can judge a guy when you simply don't **** know

It's common knowledge what a DOF does, he's there to be responsible for the acquisition of players, it's simple. If we don't land Bowen then I see that as an opportunity lost rather than any major disgrace. However if we don't land at least another striker or inside forward type of player then that's very poor.

3 minutes ago, spiezels said:

Palace are a way bigger draw unfortunately, safer position, probably bigger wages and London. 
I’d say those will be the factors.

Agree and under those circumstances the club will not want our name anywhere near him hence you won't see a link in the papers

But that doesn't mean we didn't try or didn't bid or hold discussions so you can't negatively judge suso on it 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

No there's a knowledge of what the role is

There is no knowledge of what suso is doing on a day to day basis

No one has any knowledge of what he's done with regards to bowen 

OK let's be super dumb and not make a reasoned inference as to what the DOF here does based on what we do know. Cool.

26 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

OK let's be super dumb and not make a reasoned inference as to what the DOF here does based on what we do know. Cool.

Let's slate a guy for not being good at his job when we don't know what he actually did at work today 

Cool

• Like 1

Â