Jesus Garcia Pitarch

alreadyexists

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

And yet he had 1 less goal than Benteke same stage in debut season where Benteke scored 19 by season end and Wesley looked like clicking into place vs Burnley where we absolutely bossed 1st half and should've been 3-0 up

If you think he'd finish the season like Benteke, well good for you. I think it's more likely we'd encounter martians by the month of May. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

It really isn’t. He will come good. According to Transfer Market, which is usually very conservative with it’s valuations, he is already worth more than we paid for him, Therefore, even if he doesn’t nail a place down with us, which he will, we are likely to sell at profit. Hardly catastrophic!
Hogan says hello 👋 

What? 

A website says he's worth more so someone will pay us over £24 million for him. Er..ok.

35 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Not even the evidence provided of the potential upon the system change will change some people stances. It's a "That's my story and I'm sticking to it" type mentality.

As well as the purposeful non acknowledgment of the whole team behind him performing shite.

These shouldn't have been moaning when we had no striker, as playing with him was like playing with 10 men, so the team should have flourished.

Anyway this horse has been beaten dead and revived so many times it's boring.

God help the new recruits.

Haha 1 game? 

He played really well against Everton and Norwich under a different system. 

But yeah this time it would have all been different. And you mock others for having a I'm going to stick to this mentality. Brilliant. 

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Haha 1 game? 

He played really well against Everton and Norwich under a different system. 

But yeah this time it would have all been different. And you mock others for having a I'm going to stick to this mentality. Brilliant. 

+Burnley

It is squeeky botty time for Jesus, he could be out by easter. The pap he's served up is not even fish and loaves. It's soggy paella with an african topping and a free drink!

I remember the good old days when we brought in Ashley Young and John Carew....in a Jan window!   (and Carew was a swap deal....too hard to organise according to some)

Edited by screwdriver
added some extra content
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I'm not massively impressed with his work over the two windows in all honesty but if we do stay up then it's hard to complain too much since that is the only objective this season. The jury is out.

About where I am. 

Have to say the improvement in Nakamba and Trez recently is making me lean to a more positive view of it all. 

If we stay up I'm excited by what we will do, I just worry we haven't done enough to keep us in the league  

I really hope the few errors don't come back to haunt us because we are on the verge of doing something really special IMO

Edited by DCJonah

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

+Burnley

Yes I know. 

I was pointing out that there were 2 other games were he played really well under a different system. Yet this game against Burnley was no evidence it was all going to be excellent from that point on.

16 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yet he is "up there with our worst signings in history", based on half a season in a newly promoted, overall poorly performing team.... in a system which wasn't suiting any of them.

Off the top of my head, players like Stan Petrov were "shite" for a whole season.

Anyway again, pointless.

As far as writing players off is concerned, pre social media times, I remember  Ugo Eihogu (RIP) being so bad in his first game, which if I recall correctly was against Norwich, that a bad game was referred to at BMH as doing a Ugo! 

Going back even further, Ken McNaught was very poor until well after Christmas but Ron Saunders stuck with him and he eventually became so good we could barely play without him. 

I don’t know if either of them would have come through so well with the barrage of abuse they would have almost certainly received in these modern “enlightened” times. I also doubt whether “journeyman” striker Peter Withe would have got much better than a luke warm reception either. 

4 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

It is squeeky botty time for Jesus, he could be out by easter. The pap he's served up is not even fish and loaves. It's soggy paella with an african topping and a free drink!

I remember the good old days when we brought in Ashley Young and John Carew....in a Jan window!   (and Carew was a swap deal)

There’s no need to crucify the guy. 

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

It really isn’t. He will come good. According to Transfer Market, which is usually very conservative with it’s valuations, he is already worth more than we paid for him, Therefore, even if he doesn’t nail a place down with us, which he will, we are likely to sell at profit. Hardly catastrophic!
Hogan says hello 👋 

Jesse Lingard and Joelinton are apparently worth close to 30 million according to them. Benteke is apparently valued at 12 million and we know no one is paying anywhere that much for him. Transfermarkt's evaluations are just rough estimations of a player's value, and there are overestimates as there are underestimates. I would be absolutely flabbergasted if someone came in with a 30million pound bid for Wesley at this point.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Yes I know. 

I was pointing out that there were 2 other games were he played really well under a different system. Yet this game against Burnley was no evidence it was all going to be excellent from that point on.

I'll have to rewatch the Burnley game because I thought he was impressive against them also vs Manure. 

I quite like the job Suso has done.  We've signed players from all sorts of places which suggests to me that our scouting is on a very wide scale.  We have also shown pragmatism in bringing in the likes of Reina and Drinkwater when needed.  Dean hasn't been given anyone who he doesn't want to use, which seems commonplace in lots of other clubs.  Of course the final judgment will be on whether we stay up but if we do, I'm excited as to what we have lined up in the summer.  I'm pretty sure Suso and Dean will have a wishlist already drawn up and given a similar amount of money to spend.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Jesse Lingard and Joelinton are apparently worth close to 30 million according to them. Benteke is apparently valued at 12 million and we know no one is paying anywhere that much for him. Transfermarkt's evaluations are just rough estimations of a player's value, and there are overestimates as there are underestimates. I would be absolutely flabbergasted if someone came in with a 30million pound bid for Wesley at this point.

May your Gasted be forever flabbered. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

I quite like the job Suso has done.  We've signed players from all sorts of places which suggests to me that our scouting is on a very wide scale.  We have also shown pragmatism in bringing in the likes of Reina and Drinkwater when needed.  Dean hasn't been given anyone who he doesn't want to use, which seems commonplace in lots of other clubs.  Of course the final judgment will be on whether we stay up but if we do, I'm excited as to what we have lined up in the summer.  I'm pretty sure Suso and Dean will have a wishlist already drawn up and given a similar amount of money to spend.

One of the "ITK" guys accused Suso of only dealing with 4 agents. That's interesting if true. 

3 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Really? I'd say the complete opposite. Seems to me we by large only sign players from the belgium league or the English ones. Which is fine, but I wouldn't call it wide scale. 5 players were scouted in the belgium league and later bought. El Ghazi and Guilbert came from ligue 1 I guess bug both before Suso came here? Reina serie A so that's one. 

Â