Jesus Garcia Pitarch

alreadyexists

1 hour ago, Rodders said:

the inability of fans to consider the fact other teams have their own concerns and real life isn't like championship manager never ceases to annoy me. Unless you have the money to blow clubs out of the water and just get on with it ( and even then it's rare ) this is not an easy time to sign players. It's like buying a house, sometimes there are long chains and you have to wait for all the deals to line up

Then what is the point of a DoF? If he can't engineer deals, then what are we paying him for? 

1 minute ago, Pimlico_Villa said:

What you don't acknowledge is the dire predicament we are in. In case you hadn't noticed, we don't have one fit senior striker and had previously gone into the season knowing we were light, given Wesley was reportedly not our first choice. 

Absolutely no point in using other teams as a proxy for activity as they all have proper strikers and aren't desperate. They are all looking to slightly modify and add at the margin at best, nothing fundamental. That's clearly evidenced in the signings you list.

Plus, he should have been working pre-emptively prior to Jan to button signings down, especially as we already knew Wes wasn't likely to step up any time soon. We might as well just appoint Agents to do our business as they would face fewer constraints. 

what im saying is that we cant just go sign the first striker available for whatever sum of money the selling club demand and then force any player we like to come play for us

the notion that us not signing a striker yet reflects solely on suso is wrong and a bit unfair, its not that simple

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pimlico_Villa said:

Then what is the point of a DoF? If he can't engineer deals, then what are we paying him for? 

and how does he engineer a deal for piatek if piatek has 0 interest in signing for us?

how does he engineer a deal for benteke if palace will only sell him after they've signed a striker themselves?

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

what im saying is that we cant just go sign the first striker available for whatever sum of money the selling club demand and then force any player we like to come play for us

the notion that us not signing a striker yet reflects solely on suso is wrong and a bit unfair, its not that simple

I'm not saying we should. What I'm saying is that, as a DoF, he should be working prior to January to engineer deals. Its not like he only gets switched on in January. 

For example, we always knew we needed more than Wes and also desperately need PL standard wingers. He is the DoF and is fully cognisant of the restraints the January market has, so how to manoeuvre in this market should have been better planned.

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

and how does he engineer a deal for piatek if piatek has 0 interest in signing for us?

how does he engineer a deal for benteke if palace will only sell him after they've signed a striker themselves?

Because his first approach should not be a highly reactive one in January. He should have been far more pro-active and sussed things out beforehand. Its not like he has other distractions like coaching. 

2 hours ago, Pimlico_Villa said:

Really starting to doubt him. Two weeks into the window and he’s done absolutely nothing, despite the dire predicament. 

I’m actually shocked he’s been entrusted after signing Wesley and Targett. 

How about wait until the end of the month before having a moan about him?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Pimlico_Villa said:

I'm not saying we should. What I'm saying is that, as a DoF, he should be working prior to January to engineer deals. Its not like he only gets switched on in January. 

For example, we always knew we needed more than Wes and also desperately need PL standard wingers. He is the DoF and is fully cognisant of the restraints the January market has, so how to manoeuvre in this market should have been better planned.

How do you know he didn't have plans?

On 09/01/2020 at 16:52, Cizzler said:

Halfway through the season, and thoroughly unimpressed with his summer recruitment. I would be surprised if he still has a job if we go down.

He was given one of the biggest budgets in the Premier League, and yet our best players are still the players from last season? Mings, Grealish, McGinn to an extent. 

I agree Mings, Hause and El Ghazi have been good signings - but not sure there was anyone on these boards who didn’t want to convert these loans into permanent deals? Hard to credit him there.

Engels started well before tailing off a bit, getting injured and now can’t get into the team even though we’re playing a back three - but he’s shown some potential in my opinion. 

But really, would anyone sign any of Targett, Trezeguet, Nakamba, Douglas Luiz or Wesley knowing what they know now? Best part of £70m spent there.

Heaton I will give him credit for. Konsa/Jota both feel very Smith influenced signings - so I feel harsh rating Jesus for. Although I would say Konsa has been generally good and Jota has been generally not. 

Whilst I do agree in as much as I'm a little not particularly impressed with the summer recruitment overall, you have to remember it was a massive overhaul and it may have been a massive budget but the volume of players that came in was huge and they average out at something like 11mil a player, our squad worth is still only 18th in the PL!

3 minutes ago, Pimlico_Villa said:

Because his first approach should not be a highly reactive one in January. He should have been far more pro-active and sussed things out beforehand. Its not like he has other distractions like coaching. 

But we may not have been looking to bring in another starting striker, injury to Wes has potentially meant moving things around and changing targets. 

10 minutes ago, Pimlico_Villa said:

I didn't say whether he did or not. I'm saying that they should have been better. 

Define better? That's quite a statement when you have no idea what they were in the first place.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Pimlico_Villa said:

By the simple criteria that, given our predicament, we should have signed a striker or a set of wingers. 

Our predicament drastically changed when we lost our starting striker and keeper at the start of the window, our plans did too and Smith said as much. 

11 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Our predicament drastically changed when we lost our starting striker and keeper at the start of the window, our plans did too and Smith said as much. 

Did our predicament really change when we lost Wesley? Surely a striker was top of the list this window anyway given Wesley's lack of goals and contribution! Completely agree about a keeper though.

17 minutes ago, Tayls said:

HAHA

Hey Guys, I've got one...

Oh, I hope Jesus' next signing works out, or else he will be cross! 

HAHAHAHAHA

Yikes, it was a cheap gag, sorry.:blink:

2 hours ago, Pimlico_Villa said:

Aston Villa boss Dean Smith has admitted that he is unlikely to sign a striker before the visit of Manchester City after losing record signing Wesley for the rest of the season

Smith said: "We're working on it all the time, do I think we'll have it before Sunday? No.

"We're working around the clock to bring players in but it's a narrow window and a lot of clubs don't want their better players to be leaving.

"When you are after players, four things need to align, the selling clubs want to sell, the buying club wants to buy and have the funds and then the player and his agents."

Pretty much as I said, it's the nature of the business. Just because you can't see him working doesn't mean it's not happening. Thye could sign any old bastard no problem, but the pool of players who fit the criteria of good enough to sign + available + not being ripped off, is not a large one. 

• Like 2

Â