Awful Loan Signings

NurembergVillan

With Moreira seemingly only 3rd choice goalkeeper, despite saving a penalty on his debut, it got me thinking about some of the downright woeful loan signings we've had over the years.

This is the thread to reminisce, or perhaps just lament, those we've borrowed and been delighted to give back...

Andre Moreira

Gustavo Bartelt

Jermaine Jenas

Simon Dawkins

Go, go, go!

To try and inject a little bit of positivity - Kyle Walker and James Milner were inspired loan signings.

As for bad loan signings... quite a few to choose from. I'll stick with loan signings when we were in the Premier League. Think a certain amount of dross coming down on loan when you're in the Championship is normal.

I don't like Phil Bardsley as a player or a human being. Carlton Cole scored 3 in 30 - great return for an England striker. I never understood the point of the Michael Bradley loan. And yeah, Jenas.

The other weird one was Curtis Davies. He came across well as a person, and you couldn't fault his effort, but that loan signing was part of a long, expensive process of us paying big money for a 6/10 player. What did MON see that nobody else did?

1 hour ago, KentVillan said:

To try and inject a little bit of positivity - Kyle Walker and James Milner were inspired loan signings.

for me at the time i was gutted with the deal, we really needed a loan to buy, you could see the potential he had, i hate that launch pad for success somewhere else type loan deals

Just now, Zatman said:

was a temporary signing but old Gabor Kiraly wasnt much of a goalkeeper thoguh probably be our NO.1 now

Eirik Bakke was a bit shit

Our goalkeeping options definitely haven't played in a major international tournament as recently as 2016.

That goalkeeper fella that wore pyjamas.

Gabor Kiraly iirc.

*Edit* beaten to it again

Edited by jim

Â