Awful Loan Signings

NurembergVillan

49 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Bar 4-5 games Cleverley was pretty awful for the most part.

from memory didnt we tweak his position later in the season and he went on a run of good form?

he was a strange one, day one fans thought he was shit and didnt want him, had some ok games and still got a lot of flak

Just now, villa4europe said:

from memory didnt we tweak his position later in the season and he went on a run of good form?

he was a strange one, day one fans thought he was shit and didnt want him, had some ok games and still got a lot of flak

Lambert hadnt a clue what to do with him in fairness. He wasnt brilliant but he was let off his leash he looked good in last 10-12 games. Lambert had him as a twin for Westwood

• Like 2

1 minute ago, holteend1982 said:

I remember he scored on his debut, think we beat Southampton and the headline afterwards was 'Carlton goal' I was proper buzzing about having him here, don't think he scored again after that. 

I still cant believe he has 7 England caps. He was actually the poor mans Emile Heskey

46 minutes ago, Zatman said:

was a temporary signing but old Gabor Kiraly wasnt much of a goalkeeper thoguh probably be our NO.1 now

Eirik Bakke was a bit shit

Kiraly was alright for most of his loan spell (kept a clean sheet v Chelsea) but letting in that weak Solskjaer shot in last minute was a terrible error.

35 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

He did play well for a few games under Sherwood (finished the season like they all did at the start of Southampton away) but for most of that year he was completely anonymous in so many games.

11 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

I remember he scored on his debut, think we beat Southampton and the headline afterwards was 'Carlton goal' I was proper buzzing about having him here, don't think he scored again after that. 

Also scored v Newcastle in the next home game that season. Him and Vassell actually looked a decent combination, it was him and Angel that just didn't work as a pair.

You could just say 2018/19 seeing as we got 5 but only Abraham looks to be a first team regular as of yet, but even he hasn't started really playing to full potential

2 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Bolasie on £70k a week is a **** joke.

what.... are we really on the hook for all of that?

Surely, in the name of all that is sensible, we made sure Everton are paying at least half of that, or are out new overlords just as dumb as the old. 

7 hours ago, holteend1982 said:

He did and then spent the season talking of his heart being at Chelsea and being perennially disappointing. 

Malcolm Allen anybody? Taylor had him from Watford went it first arrived in 87.

Carlton Cole & Ryan Bertrand both started brightly but faded badly. Worth noting Cole’s excellent debut was against the worst team in the league that season.

Scott Carson. Not rubbish but not good either. For the money we stumped up for him, would have wanted better.

Gilles De Bilde, was less than impressive for the month we had him for.

Joey Gudjonsson: even his debut goal was crap (the goalie fumbled his free kick into the net, was it Boro?)

Alan McLoughlin played one game in the Zenith Data Systems Cup, generally looked ok when playing for Pompy or Ireland.

Also, I thought Frank McAvennie was on trial instead of being on loan (is there a difference?). We signed Deano instead.

Â