Proposal: Match day protest against SB

flashingqwerty

Hi All, 

I have wanted SB out of the club for over a year now.  I think the time has come for the fans to show the owners how much we despair about his continuance as manager.

I propose that all those who feel SB should not remain in charge, gather at the north stand/Villa shop car park on match day, rather than occupying your seats, to sing out and shout our displeasure about his tenure, in an attempt to force change.

I cannot see the club progressing or challenging this season under his tutalage, and in fact i see us in a relegation fight if we continue as we are.

Unite, and join me on Saturday 22nd September ahead of, and during, the Sheff Weds match, to show those in charge that we have had enough of SBs ongoing failure and ineptitude, and demand change.

UTV

Edited by flashingqwerty
Typos

1 hour ago, flashingqwerty said:

Hi All, 

I have wanted SB out of the club for over a year now.  I think the time has come for the fans to show the owners how much we despair about his continuance as manager.

I propose that all those who feel SB should not remain in charge, gather at the north stand/Villa shop car park on match day, rather than occupying your seats, to sing out and shout our displeasure about his tenure, in an attempt to force change.

I cannot see the club progressing or challenging this season under his tutalage, and in fact i see us in a relegation fight if we continue as we are.

Unite, and join me on Saturday 22nd September ahead of, and during, the Sheff Weds match, to show those in charge that we have had enough of SBs ongoing failure and ineptitude, and demand change.

UTV

I am with you in what you are trying to do here most definitely.

I suggested a banner around this time last year and was laughed off the forum.

14 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Protest is small time, and will look silly if we potentially beat Rotherham - meaning we go into Saturdays game most likely in the playoff positions.

Think it makes more sense to just not attend? A crowd under 20k would give the message to the new owners more than a small protest I feel.

Yeah this. I was planning on going on Tuesday night as I don’t normally get chance to go midweek. But I feel I know how the game will go, I think we’ll win, we may even play well in patches. But I have a greatly reduced enthusiasm in wanting to attend games to be honest. I think the atmosphere against Rotherham may not be great. Unsure of the Sheff Wed game.

I understand people's frustrations and agree that Bruce looks like he has lost any idea of how to get Villa out of this league however, for me, protesting at the stadium isn't the right way to go about changing a manager - owners yes but, not the manager. I think it wouldnt look good and may make the owners wonder what they've bought in to. 

I think the best way for people to let their unhappiness of Bruce's management known to the owners would be for them to set up an online petition or something and forward the results to the owners somehow. I'd imagine it wouldn't go unnoticed if say 10,000 fans petitioned for the change of manager. But, I think there would need to be good reasoning put forward to let them know exactly why people don't think that Bruce is the man to take us up. 

Edited by villarocker

12 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

I dont think the fans turning against bruce will do anywhere near as much damage as bruce himself has already done.

Like I say, let's just sit and keep watching and enduring this crap week after week.

It seems more of a satisfaction.  :rolleyes:

You dontneed to like it oragree with it, but please respect the fact that i want to do something to encourage positive change at OUR club.

For me, it is blatantly clear we are going nowhere under the 'guidance' of SB, and the sooner the new owners grow a pair and pull the trigger, the better.

I hope a message from the fans encourages them to make the correct decision.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

I dont think the fans turning against bruce will do anywhere near as much damage as bruce himself has already done.

You deserve credit for trying - but I also think that you have more chance of changing the status with an on -line petition - it might yet come to a protest but I honestly don't think the will - is quite yet there 

• Like 1

Â