Proposal: Match day protest against SB

flashingqwerty

9 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I’m alright mate.

I get the frustration, and it’s truly awful to watch, but I just think it’s a bit ott at the moment. I can’t see the new owners letting it go on too long. Start winning then great, so we can keep ourselves up there. Carry on the way we are, then at least he will be sacked. My only problem is, who do we bring in,  and how long before we realise the new man ain’t all that. Fail to beat Rotherham, and the crowd will turn big time. 

Well that last bit says it all, the new man isn’t going to be all that, and it will take some doing for him to match Bruce’s 45% win rate, so whatever manager comes in, is just going to get the same treatment from the fans (granted probably a different set of fans), Just with a different agenda.

I don’t want Bruce, but I am also fearful that appointing someone else could set us further back but we might play nice football.... great.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Yes, let's get 6 points on the board and keep Bruce in the job.

No thanks. He needs to go.

So you want to lose two home games in order for the manager to be sacked.

This is exactly what is wrong with some of our fans.

I'm not happy with Bruce at the moment, but I hope he can turn it around this season.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

But the point is, we have no long term future under Bruce. We are going backwards at this point. Basing your viewpoint on one game and ignoring the long term trend is stupid.

Not to tell you you’re factually not correct but you are factually not correct. This time last season we had 10 points and Leeds who were too had 17, Wolves had 15.

This season we have 10 points, Leeds who are too have 15, and team in second Brentford have 14.

Although our points tally is the same we are closer to the top then this time last year, so theoretically you could say we have gone forward not backwards.

16 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

So you want to lose two home games in order for the manager to be sacked.

This is exactly what is wrong with some of our fans.

I'm not happy with Bruce at the moment, but I hope he can turn it around this season.

Maybe I have explained it wrong..

I don't want us to LOSE any game - The trouble is, I don't see us winning many under Bruce either.

The players know the fans are behind them and always will be, but I can't imagine many of them being happy under this current situation either.

As much as we need to win, it's a cliche of gaining points whilst it also keeps Bruce in a job and snowballs on even longer.

Enough is enough.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

54 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Christ, this is absolutely embarrasing.

Protesting against a manager 7 games into the season whilst 5 points off the top... we aren't playing well but we are hardly going to be helping the players with something like this.

Protesting against a manager that has still taken us no further after 97 league games in charge.

Same league, same shit football, same bullshit conferences, same excuses.

Protesting against a manager who has only managed 5pts from a very easily achieveable 15, from our last 5 games.

Protesting against a manager who's had 3 months to address the defence crisis and low and behold after 7 games in we only have 2 centre backs to get us by.

Protesting against a manager that many of us realise we are going no further while he remains in charge.

What must we be thinking?

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Christ, this is absolutely embarrasing.

Protesting against a manager 7 games into the season whilst 5 points off the top... we aren't playing well but we are hardly going to be helping the players with something like this.

Don't stay away from Villa Park, get to the ground Tuesday and get the atmosphere going, we need to get behind them and ensure we get 6 points on the board this week.

Agreed.

I admire the passion and how much people care to want to do this.

But I don't think this is the way to get him out. 

53 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

The crowd tomorrow will be our lowest league crowd since we got relegated . That in itself is enough of a protest. 

This prompted me to have a quick look, something like 6,700 or so tickets remaining I think. Obviously adding the closure of the upper Trinity, that puts the attendance currently at what? Around 27-28k?

18 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Protesting against a manager that has still taken us no further after 97 league games in charge.

Same league, same shit football, same bullshit conferences, same excuses.

Protesting against a manager who has only managed 5pts from a very easily achieveable 15, from our last 5 games.

Protesting against a manager who's had 3 months to address the defence crisis and low and behold after 7 games in we only have 2 centre backs to get us by.

Protesting against a manager that many of us realise we are going no further while he remains in charge.

What must we be thinking?

The players on the pitch are the ones not winning games... shall we arrange protests against each of them as well?

Maybe we could have a protest against Nyland on Saturday for conceding too many goals this season?

Next home game we could protest against Grealish for not assisting enough goals this season?

Protest against Adomah for not being as good as he was last season?

Or we could get behind the team for 90 minutes, and make your feelings known on the final whistle if things havent improved. The owners don't need protests to know that the football isn't good at the moment, they will be watching.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

If it's a means to an end.

It's still embarrassing to openly want your team to lose, imo.

Yet dare to suggest in the SB thread that some fans want us to lose games and you get jumped on with faux outrage at the mere suggestion that any Villa fan could think such a thing.

Prearranged demonstrations tend to look a bit contrived, and lack real impact. Spontaneous ones driven by sheer frustration on the other hand can be more dramatic. If current performances continue to be dished up I don’t think we will have to wait too much longer for the latter to start happening.

There’s a difference between actively wanting your team to lose and feeling nonchalant about the result.

I can’t actively want Villa to lose, but I have on occasion found myself feeling slightly indifferent. I felt a bit of a detachment on Saturday when we scored (that in part may be down to the stream I was watching it on went down just as Connor was running up to the free kick, and the next thing I saw was him celebrating).

I understand the sentiment, bigger picture, cut off the finger to save the hand etc. And I get that for what we want to achieve, a draw is really not that much better than a defeat (it does slightly more for Bruce’s cause than Villa’s, if that makes sense), so a draw may as well be a defeat to speed things up to what ultimately will happen. I do get the logic. 

But I never think Villa losing is a good thing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Well that last bit says it all, the new man isn’t going to be all that, and it will take some doing for him to match Bruce’s 45% win rate, so whatever manager comes in, is just going to get the same treatment from the fans (granted probably a different set of fans), Just with a different agenda.

I don’t want Bruce, but I am also fearful that appointing someone else could set us further back but we might play nice football.... great.

TBH i could not care less about our win rate.  If i wanyed to support a team that won all the time i would never have chosen villa.

All i want is to be entertained - if that means winning, great, of it doesnt, i will still have had a good time.

If we stay in this league, but are playing positive, entertaining, football, that will be enough for me.  It will never happen under Brice as he couldnt coach someone to cross a road never mind play football.

Bruce so get himself sacked there is no need for this. With the players at his disposal there is no excuse for not delivering results.

The new owners will not put up with anymore this garbage.

I must admit though I thought we defended better against Blackburn than the past few games

55 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

This prompted me to have a quick look, something like 6,700 or so tickets remaining I think. Obviously adding the closure of the upper Trinity, that puts the attendance currently at what? Around 27-28k?

Plus 2k empty seats in the away end. I’d be surprised if it made 28k. Probably on around 26k at the moment, with Rotherham hardly bringing any. 

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It's still embarrassing to openly want your team to lose, imo.

Yet dare to suggest in the SB thread that some fans want us to lose games and you get jumped on with faux outrage at the mere suggestion that any Villa fan could think such a thing.

I don't openly want my team to lose, I don't start the game hoping to lose.

I wouldn't be as upset as usually would be with a loss, knowing it's serving a purpose. Giving the board the ammunition they need to relieve Bruce and not cause too much of a stir...

As for jumping on you, that wasn't me, I can't jump very high.

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

The crowd tomorrow will be our lowest league crowd since we got relegated . That in itself is enough of a protest. 

This is the best kind of protest. If it’s irking you that much that Bruce is in charge then just don’t go to games. Anything that can affect the team negatively and then also have an impact on all the other fans that want to be there is not the right approach.

• Like 1

Â