Proposal: Match day protest against SB

flashingqwerty

3 minutes ago, Dave J said:

You deserve credit for trying - but I also think that you have more chance of changing the status with an on -line petition - it might yet come to a protest but I honestly don't think the will - is quite yet there 

Any petition needs to be backed up by a boycott. Empty seats will get the owners attention.  

The thing is they can’t just sack Bruce for the sake of it. Has to be a good replacement. 

That happened with Sherwood and we all saw what happened next. 

But ultimately I think It’s best to just get behind the team so we can carry on picking up points. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

But ultimately I think It’s best to just get behind the team so we can carry on picking up points. 

Get behind what team to pick up what points exactly????

It's Aston Villa under Steve Bruce FFS! - the guy has scraped a shitty 4pts from a possible 15 in the last 5 games!

Wake up!!!

• Thanks 1

Don't think Bruce is the man, but protests shouldn't be an event which happens every couple of years. The protests against Lerner were totally different and after a sustained period of lack of investment.

I don't like the football, increasingly I don't particularly like the man. He failed to get us promoted last season, but we lost in the play offs, there needs to be a sense of balance.

Who is the magician that is going to get us first place? Buying players for the sake of it and being stuck with them has been the cause  of our downward spiral, changing managers every 2 years will have the same impact. 

I respect your right to protest, but you have to respect that there is a middle ground between out and in, it's a pragmatic middle ground where he stays until there's a realistic and long term replacement. 

Ill be at the game on Tuesday, supporting the villa, not individual players, or an individual manager, but the club. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

It makes you laugh, we can't get behind the ideas of change to remove the outdated useless manager, yet most was happy to leave their seats during a daft 74th minute protest a few years ago.

Beggers belief.

Would you like to explain exactly what was “daft” about it?

21 minutes ago, Cjay said:

All as 1 or not at all is probably best. 

Nothing worse then a fanbase at war with each other.

Depressing as hell.

Bruce has a 45% win percentage.

I wouldn't want him at Leeds, his football may be dire, he has underachieved.

But it could be a hell of a lot worse couldn't it.

We had a manager with a 42% win percentage.

Some People got restless.

We ended up with 1 who got a 20% win percentage.

Grass isnt always greener.

Exactly. Fans think Bruce out = winning games. 

If only it was that simple.

49 minutes ago, Dave J said:

You deserve credit for trying - but I also think that you have more chance of changing the status with an on -line petition - it might yet come to a protest but I honestly don't think the will - is quite yet there 

There is already an online petition

I intend to protest against Bruce by cheering and shouting and applauding every attacking move.  That should hopefully get the message across to the negative defensive pillock. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

It makes you laugh, we can't get behind the ideas of change to remove the outdated useless manager, yet most was happy to leave their seats during a daft 74th minute protest a few years ago.

Beggers belief.

What was the 74th minute protest?

edit: Answered below.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

It's daft how we can get behind one protest but yet not behind the removal of a manager that we will never get promotion with while he remains in charge.

The obvious answer is that OTDO74 was a protest against the long term financial policies of the owner and the protests were the only way to get through to him things had to change. The protests proposed here involve fans expressing the opinion that they know better than the manager how to organise the team. Meantime if the team are inside winning the protesters outside will go home with egg on their faces.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

The protests proposed here involve fans expressing the opinion that they know better than the manager how to organise the team. Meantime if the team are inside winning the protesters outside will go home with egg on their faces.

The protests here are to get this guy out the club, not that we know better, but to hire someone that does.

2 years of the same shit, hearing the same bollocks week after week from him. It's tiresome man.

I can see as much winning going on inside as I have in the last 6 games so I doubt there will be many eggs on faces while we're on the outside my friend.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

A big no no from me. Honestly, things aren’t that bad....yet. We don’t need to do anything, the way he’s going , he will get himself sacked soon enough. We really don’t need protests, just yet. Just keep trying to support the 11 that put on the jersey. 

• Like 3

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

A big no no from me. Honestly, things aren’t that bad....yet. We don’t need to do anything, the way he’s going , he will get himself sacked soon enough. We really don’t need protests, just yet. Just keep trying to support the 11 that put on the jersey. 

How we doing Ruge.

I get where you are coming from chap, but this is depressing for many that have been witnessing his crap for too long.

We live in hope that he soon gets himself sacked but somehow escapes the gauntlet each time. (Brentford & Blackburn) the latest examples.

I will always support our boys, but when you are fed the dross that we have been for too long now it becomes very difficult too.

We all know the absolute shambles he has made of the defence, this is only one of the long list of **** ups by this outdated fear of losing yesteryear manager that is out his depth here.

He needs gone and like yesterday.

17 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

How we doing Ruge.

I get where you are coming from chap, but this is depressing for many that have been witnessing his crap for too long.

We live in hope that he soon gets himself sacked but somehow escapes the gauntlet each time. (Brentford & Blackburn) the latest examples.

I will always support our boys, but when you are fed the dross that we have been for too long now it becomes very difficult too.

We all know the absolute shambles he has made of the defence, this is only one of the long list of **** ups by this outdated fear of losing yesteryear manager that is out his depth here.

He needs gone and like yesterday.

I’m alright mate.

I get the frustration, and it’s truly awful to watch, but I just think it’s a bit ott at the moment. I can’t see the new owners letting it go on too long. Start winning then great, so we can keep ourselves up there. Carry on the way we are, then at least he will be sacked. My only problem is, who do we bring in,  and how long before we realise the new man ain’t all that. Fail to beat Rotherham, and the crowd will turn big time. 

Edited by Rugeley Villa
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I think the premise of a protest is that the owners need the situation bringing to their attention. I’m pretty sure this isn’t the case, I’m sure they know where we are in the league and probably have watched most if not all of the games. Even if they haven’t they’ll have plenty of reports coming back to them, that’s what businessmen do. 

I believe the main reason they haven’t made a change is because they haven’t yet secured the right replacement. There could be any number of reasons why this is the case. People are right when they say we can’t just keep changing managers, we can’t. So whilst I believe we do need a change, it needs to be a well thought out change and one that will hopefully be the last one for a few years. I’m a football supporter, so of course I want it to happen tomorrow, and the new bloke to come in be brilliant and win every game for the rest of the season. But that is highly unlikely and so if it takes an extra few weeks or months, but ultimately we find the right man to take us forward for years to come then I’m prepared to wait. Albeit extremely impatiently. 

Attempting to force the owners hand wouldn’t, in my opinion, be helpful, necessary or indeed likely to happen, no matter how well intended. 

Great post. 

3 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I think the premise of a protest is that the owners need the situation bringing to their attention. I’m pretty sure this isn’t the case, I’m sure they know where we are in the league and probably have watched most if not all of the games. Even if they haven’t they’ll have plenty of reports coming back to them, that’s what businessmen do. 

I believe the main reason they haven’t made a change is because they haven’t yet secured the right replacement. There could be any number of reasons why this is the case. People are right when they say we can’t just keep changing managers, we can’t. So whilst I believe we do need a change, it needs to be a well thought out change and one that will hopefully be the last one for a few years. I’m a football supporter, so of course I want it to happen tomorrow, and the new bloke to come in be brilliant and win every game for the rest of the season. But that is highly unlikely and so if it takes an extra few weeks or months, but ultimately we find the right man to take us forward for years to come then I’m prepared to wait. Albeit extremely impatiently. 

Attempting to force the owners hand wouldn’t, in my opinion, be helpful, necessary or indeed likely to happen, no matter how well intended. 

This. I think we have to trust the new guys mean business, they won’t tolerate failure for too long.

Â