Proposal: Match day protest against SB

flashingqwerty

5 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

No, all it does is prove that you know some idiots.

To claim that people do not want Bruce here because of his time at SHA is idiotic frankly and sounds like the kind of guff that the man himself would come out with.

To be fair, what you've done here is take @John's initial statement and attribute something to it he wasn't implying. He tried to clear that up for you but, you know, you know more and better right? Including it seems how everyone feels. And then create a group identity that doesn't exist for you to argue against in your head! Finishing off with a statement that people who disagree with you are idiots :crylaugh:

You're certainly on a roll.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

To be fair, what you've done here is take @John's initial statement and attribute something to it he wasn't implying. He tried to clear that up for you but, you know, you know more and better right? Including it seems how everyone feels. And then create a group identity that doesn't exist for you to argue against in your head! Finishing off with a statement that people who disagree with you are idiots :crylaugh:

You're certainly on a roll.

Really?

I never said anyone who disagrees with me are idiots. Maybe you should try reading.      I said that people who don't want Steve Bruce at Aston Villa because of SHA connections are idiots. 

I also said that I don't believe there are many people who fit into that category. 

Deary me! Its not difficult to understand. Do please try to keep up :rolleyes:

Edited by TheStagMan

24 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

I don't see any evidence of that, there are plenty of reasons to dislike his managerial "prowess", Small Heath connections are not one of them, and it is disingenuous to say that people have latent dislike because of it. The dislike of Bruce is entirely because of what he is failing to achieve here. Even if some people did feel that way, then they will be in an absolutely tiny minority. 

Read back through the Bruce thread, if you find more than a couple of idiots claiming "dont want him here because of Small Heath" I will be very surprised, and even if you did find them (which I doubt), it in no way lessens the multitude of genuine reasons to want him gone.

I do not accept that I am being disingenuous on this and I don't accept as a fact that the dislike of Steve Bruce "is entirely" because of what he is failing to achieve here. Not everyone that doesn't want him here because of or partly due to his past link with Small Heath has said it in his thread and I would not brand them as idiots for holding a view they are entitled to take in any case. I have expressed my opinion as have you. On this occasion we differ somewhat but few of us agree 100% on everything. ;)  

• Like 1

Just now, John said:

I do not accept that I am being disingenuous on this and I don't accept as a fact that the dislike of Steve Bruce "is entirely" because of what he is failing to achieve here. Not everyone that doesn't want him here because of or partly due to his past link with Small Heath has said it in his thread and I would not brand them as idiots for holding a view they are entitled to take in any case. I have expressed my opinion as have you. On this occasion we differ somewhat but few of us agree 100% on everything. ;)  

When he was appointed there were clearly people who didn't want him purely because of the SHA connection.

I'm sure it's a minority, but there will definitely people for whom that connection has clouded their view of him the whole time he's been here.

I doubt that's the ONLY reason they want him out, but I'm sure it contributes.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

No, all it does is prove that you know some idiots.

To claim that people do not want Bruce here because of his time at SHA is idiotic frankly and sounds like the kind of guff that the man himself would come out with.

In his back pocket I'm certain.

He's saved it for so long now I actually think he's waiting for the pay-off he's so desperate for. Waiting for his Goals on Sunday appearance alongside his gonk of a son as they skirt around it before agreeing when Kammy brings it up.

What about the people who don't want him sacked right now, but don't like his previous employment history all that much?

It's the same nonsense with the Bruce in / Bruce out labels in his other thread.....

OMG there are 2 Steve ******* Bruce threads again aren't there. :suspect:

Anyway, Surely a good witty banner that would make the press would do more good right now than a protest for those who want to voice their displeasure and yet support the team.

7 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

What about the people who don't want him sacked right now, but don't like his previous employment history all that much?

It's the same nonsense with the Bruce in / Bruce out labels in his other thread.....

OMG there are 2 Steve ******* Bruce threads again aren't there. :suspect:

Anyway, Surely a good witty banner that would make the press would do more good right now than a protest for those who want to voice their displeasure and yet support the team.

How about ‘it’s not a crisis, you’re just shit’?

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

Dunno, don't care. What's your point? If you're a villa fan who doesn't want Bruce to leave atm you must work for the evening mail or be a real silly billy.

6 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

Agreed.

We're not hysterical we just don't like you

would get nicely under his skin. He'll get press backing no matter what happens tbh so even something twee like that will get blown up.

I hope he gets slaughtered so badly it makes him walk. He's stolen enough money from this club.

2 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

That's desperate. even ignoring the fact we have had an easy start and the one time we have come up against a top team we got tonked. 

so, you think that there have been improvements in our defence, in our playing style, in our moral, our tactics since last season?

Nope not saying that at all, just statistically we are technically better off then last season. I don’t want Bruce here but we are currently no worse off then last season when at one point we reached the dizzy heights of second so make of that what you will.

Can’t look it up right now.  But where do we compare to where we were when RDM was let go.   Bruce felt it reasonable to take the job from a guy performing that badly, and yet many have tried to say it was unrealistic to get promotion from that far back.   Just curious how that place compares to us now.  

6 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

Can’t look it up right now.  But where do we compare to where we were when RDM was let go.   Bruce felt it reasonable to take the job from a guy performing that badly, and yet many have tried to say it was unrealistic to get promotion from that far back.   Just curious how that place compares to us now.  

I believe RDM had 9 points from 11 games so nowhere near as bad in terms of results.

Right now we are not that bad points wise. The issue has been performances especially considering the opposition. So it should get better rather than worse.  But still not good enough. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

52 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Please can somebody create a new Steve Bruce thread because this one, the actual Steve Bruce thread and every other thread on Villa Talk aren't helping me to understand what people think of Steve Bruce.

Well, in fairness this thread is about protesting about Steve Bruce, so I think mentioning him in it is fair.........

2 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

Nope not saying that at all, just statistically we are technically better off then last season. I don’t want Bruce here but we are currently no worse off then last season when at one point we reached the dizzy heights of second so make of that what you will.

?

In which case, lies, damned lies and statistics 

Makes you think how misleading statistics can be really. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, John said:

OK, we will have to agree to disagree. To a man (and woman), everyone I have discussed the subject with couldn't care less who he has managed before, it's all about the tangible lack of progress at this club that is of concern.

Plus, come on, not liking a manager because he once managed SHA is an idiotic viewpoint, whether people are entitled to hold that view or not. ?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

OK, we will have to agree to disagree. To a man (and woman), everyone I have discussed the subject with couldn't care less who he has managed before, it's all about the tangible lack of progress at this club that is of concern.

Plus, come on, not liking a manager because he once managed SHA is an idiotic viewpoint, whether people are entitled to hold that view or not. ?

I still have nightmares of Mcleish’s appointment, probably the most bizarre appointment in the history of football. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

It was completely different under RDM -

We had a goalkeeper new to English football who was giving supporters cause for concern.

We had a defence that seemed unorganised and were prone to lapses in judgment.

We had proven championship goalscorers yet all of them struggled to be prolific in front of goal.

And as for our form, we found ourselves drawing around half our games against opposition we really should have been beating.

You see what a difference two years make?

It's not Bruce's fault he has had to rebuild the squad again....

His comments this week.

Â