Proposal: Match day protest against SB

flashingqwerty

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

It's not Bruce's fault he has had to rebuild the squad again....

His comments this week.

Yeah I know mate. And if he stays and we don’t get promoted, Grealish etc are sold and then he has his excuse for next season sorted. Assuming he isn’t given the heave-ho before then.

He’s just unfortunate that he’s manager of the only club that’s ever had these kind of problems.

6 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

Personally, my loyalty is to Aston Villa Football Club and not to Steve Bruce, or any particular player. Managers and players come and go, Villa will endure. 

I want, and always will want what is best for my club, and in this case (in my opinion) the best for my club is for the manager to leave. If it takes Villa losing games to achieve that, I personally will not be happy at the results but would be accepting of the greater good that I would hope that they achieve.

Same here.

Which is why I regard hoping the team lose games as disloyalty.

Even if the wish for them to lose is to feed the great Villatalk obsession of sacking Steve Bruce, apparently the noblest of causes.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, weedman said:

If they didn't sack him during the 2 week break, they aren't going to sack him for drawing the first game after the 2 week break. A protest is not only small time but completely pointless in this instance 

I would not agree that it would be pointless -  I don't think it can effect change in its isolation - it will however raise awareness of supporters feelings - as you can be certain the likes of Sky/WM would want to show this - and no doubt WM would like to pick the bones out of it - therefore you can say that it achieved its objectives to a large degree 

4 hours ago, srsmithusa said:

Can’t look it up right now.  But where do we compare to where we were when RDM was let go.   Bruce felt it reasonable to take the job from a guy performing that badly, and yet many have tried to say it was unrealistic to get promotion from that far back.   Just curious how that place compares to us now.  

We had dipped into the relegation zone around Halloween. We have same amount of points this season than RDM got in his entire Villa reign

1 hour ago, briny_ear said:

How about “Try to lose the match today boys, it might just get the manager sacked”

Probalby a bit long to fit on a bedsheet though.

How about:

"Put being promoted in, and get Stevie Bruce out, in out, in out shake it all around, we do the hokey kokey managerial turnaround and hire a manager who'll get us there - not thereabouts...

oh Stevie Stevie Brucie..

ooh Stevie Stevie Brucie..

oh Stevie Stevie Brucie..

We're letting you know that we want you out!, out!, out!"

:D

10 hours ago, briny_ear said:

How about “Try to lose the match today boys, it might just get the manager sacked”

Probalby a bit long to fit on a bedsheet though.

They wont have to try to lose, given the tactical prowess of our manager.

13 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Same here.

Which is why I regard hoping the team lose games as disloyalty.

Even if the wish for them to lose is to feed the great Villatalk obsession of sacking Steve Bruce, apparently the noblest of causes.

You can call it disloyalty, that's your choice. I see it as wanting the best for my club and accepting any means possible to achieve it. I don't see that as disloyal.

Obsession of sacking Bruce..... hmmmm, how would you fix Villa? because the tired cliche of "get behind the team and manager" will not do it. I'm genuinely interested as to how you would fix things.

Â