Match Thread: Blackburn v Villa

limpid

I prefer Elmo to Hutton at right back for the most part but he doesn't offer enough as a winger. He doesn't go further than the edge of the box and even at that he's hugging the touchline completely, too much is being expected of Abraham so far if we're not going to get bodies around him.

Just now, 7392craig said:

What does Bruce have the lads do at training? I think he just sits them down and gives them a jigsaw to do.

I think it's fairly well established that Bruce has nothing to do with training.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Have you just switched on?

Well yes... i saw everything since the disallowed goal. This Blackburn crowd are former Premier League champions it's worth remembering 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

TBH I think Taylor's playing OK. 

He has tbf but God I would have loved to have seen what Bryan would have added offensively! 

Hopefully this will be improved in Jan.

I don’t wanna come on here and just shout ‘**** OFF’ in capital letters because it’s not productive. I’d like to make an incisive comment on the game. But I can’t because it’s... well it’s just a bit crap reallly isn’t it?  It’s a shame that when you look at it it’s a bunch of League One players against a bunch of cherry-picked Championship and lower premier League players. We should be on top but we are up against the legendary tactical nouse of Tony Mowbray. I dunno. It’s just villa under Bruce. Bad run, good run, alright run. But never exciting or convincing even on the good run. We’ll definitely finish 4th-12th, so if that’s your measure of success then he’s doing a grand job. How would a team that play like us ever, in a million universes, finish too two? Ain’t gonna happen. Make the change, roll the dice. We ain’t going down and we ain’t going up, so what’s the **** harm 

Edited by blunther
  • Like 2

1st half observations:

Dack has looked like the player who could've moved to Tottenham this summer not Jack.

Too many clumsy and silly fouls being given around our box.  We won't get away with that for another 45 mins.

Good decision to play Jedi.

We've wasted the ball in wide positions.  Need to bring on both Bolasie and El-Ghazi.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, YLN said:

Well yes... i saw everything since the disallowed goal. This Blackburn crowd are former Premier League champions it's worth remembering 

That was what, 25 years ago. They’ve dropped down to league 1 in that time. That’s like referencing our European cup win. It has no bearing on the teams we’re fielding these days. This is a team that’s only just been promoted and have largely played us off the park today, I think we’ve been very poor.