The NSWE Board

Guest av1

On 17/06/2023 at 16:43, Made In Aston said:

I do feel that there is a gap with Purslow leaving, particularly in the stakeholder engagement side of things (e.g local Council, PL meetings, developers). It could do with someone under or alongside heck to deal with some of these things. 

As far as I know Paul Tyrell is still there, who as COO seemed to be Purslow's no.2 on stuff like that.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

My worry is the villa owners realise that can't compete with this level of blatant cheating assisting Man City Chelsea etc and sell up, who would blame them.

It's like 2008 and Randy/Man City all over again.

That’s the spirit 😂

• Haha 1

Aston Villa and Fanatics extended their partnership in June 2022, continuing Fanatics' control of the club's e-commerce, stadium retail, and manufacturing rights. Villa merchandise sales grew over 450% since 2017, when the partnership was initiated. Fanatics has a dedicated Aston Villa online store, along with operating the in-stadium retail location.

https://www.forbes.com/teams/aston-villa/?sh=42b2ec0b6544

according to Forbes 24th most valuable club. 

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Huh?

They've literally just invested in bringing in some of the most talented and highly rated corporate and football Management people in the world.

Investing heavily in infrastructure and we've just qualified for Europe.

Nassef in his most recent statement has basically said it's now " go time ".

I'm not getting this?

I don't get it too. It is irrational thinking. Randy Lerner was a terrible owner and the evidence supports that view. NSWE are on a different planet. We've just qualified for Europe ffs. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

Is it ? 

Well i dont think they are going anywhere in the interim as they ahve invested a lot of time and money building the structure and club up. However its not unimaginable for them to cash in if a 1) game gets even more corrupt 2) becomes even more uncompetitive with more clubs owned/linked by nations 3) financially too much for us

Im hoping they stay long term they literally are brilliant owners 👏  i love then

20 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

My worry is the villa owners realise that can't compete with this level of blatant cheating assisting Man City Chelsea etc and sell up, who would blame them.

It's like 2008 and Randy/Man City all over again.

I wouldn't worry about that, Man City have been doping the Prrmier League since NasWes walked through the door at Villa.

If they had thought that then they would have stayed away from taking over us?

As @JAMAICAN-VILLAN mentioned, they have just hired a brilliant manager and also hired some astute footballing people in the last couple of months. Combine this with their recent statment where they are now "going for it", would suggest Nas & Wes are all in and don't intend taking their foot off the gas anytime soon.

• Like 2

Man City, Chelsea, utd, FFP etc etc all existed before NSWE bought us, they must have had their eyes open when they did it, even this Saudi stuff and Newcastle to an extent

I'm also sure that despite them chucking money in as an asset we're probably worth more to them by now and that will only increase over time

10 years time with CL and the way football economics is going we should be worth £1bn

Please feel free to correct me on this, but my impression is that a LOT of our recent appointments are NOT Aston Villa appointments, they're "V Sports" appointments of which AV is a part. Read the wordings of the job titles and announcements carefully. Chris Heck doesn't work for Villa, he works for V Sports. We're just the (currently) largest element of a group now. 

Secondly, American owners generally (because they're drilled on the US model of closed leagues and sports that are only played in the USA) do not consider profit and loss much, they just care about an appreciating asset. This is seriously dangerous in global sport - remember American sport has no promotion/relegation, the player markets are dictated by the franchise holders, etc etc. The power in American sport is held by the owners, this is absolutely not true for the rest of the world but the owners think it is. Todd Boehly is a prime example of a clueless billionaire and we can simply be thankful he doesn't own us, and whilst our ownership seems mostly more switched on, I don't think they're entirely the saviours we've generally built them up to be. 

Still, we're in European competition, so who cares?

2 hours ago, moose said:

Please feel free to correct me on this, but my impression is that a LOT of our recent appointments are NOT Aston Villa appointments, they're "V Sports" appointments of which AV is a part. Read the wordings of the job titles and announcements carefully. Chris Heck doesn't work for Villa, he works for V Sports. We're just the (currently) largest element of a group now. 

Secondly, American owners generally (because they're drilled on the US model of closed leagues and sports that are only played in the USA) do not consider profit and loss much, they just care about an appreciating asset. This is seriously dangerous in global sport - remember American sport has no promotion/relegation, the player markets are dictated by the franchise holders, etc etc. The power in American sport is held by the owners, this is absolutely not true for the rest of the world but the owners think it is. Todd Boehly is a prime example of a clueless billionaire and we can simply be thankful he doesn't own us, and whilst our ownership seems mostly more switched on, I don't think they're entirely the saviours we've generally built them up to be. 

Still, we're in European competition, so who cares?

Well we have Nas who is Eygptian and lives in London so I think he’ll know all about the European model of football. 

As for Boehly, he’s probably not as clueless as people first assumed, now we know he was probably taking orders from Saudi Arabia with their very specific aims. As it turns out, he can spend £600m on random players because he can just send them off to SA and spend another £600m this year as well.

Edited by ender4

1 minute ago, ender4 said:

Well we have Nas who is Eygptian and lives in London so I think he’ll know all about the European model of football. 

As for Boehly, he’s probably not as clueless as people first assumed, now we know he was probably taking orders from Saudi Arabia with their very specific aims. As it turns out, he can spend £600 on random players because he can just send them off to SA and spend another £600m this year as well.

Yeah he's not stupid look how he just cleared the ffp debts!

3 hours ago, moose said:

Chris Heck doesn't work for Villa, he works for V Sports. We're just the (currently) largest element of a group now. 

Chris Heck confirmed to a fans meeting yesterday that Aston Villa is the only sports club he works for or with, he works for Villa, not the group.

• Thanks 1

I'm genuinely baffled by some of the negativity on here.

Nasser and Wes have both shown a more hands on approach now that after five years they have manoeuvred the club into their intended "ready for take off" position. they have recently employed three absolutely top professionals in Heck, Monchi and Emery to run the most critical aspects of AVFC.

Does that sound like NSWE are shaking their heads and giving up?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

Does that sound like NSWE are shaking their heads and giving up?

Yeah. We haven't spent £250m yet to completely overhaul a squad that has had CL-qualifying form over the past 6 months. Owners have given up. Waah.

Edited by wishywashy

• 4 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Pricing out of a generation of new Villa fans in waiting whose birthright was to support and watch the football club.

Can't wait to see the back of them.

No excuses for these increases. No amount of "success" or player signing justifies this.

Get used to it, this is football now. 

Either we're shit and have low attendances, we're average like we've been and the prices are 'OK', or we get good and we pay £1k for a season ticket eventually. 

Â