The NSWE Board

Guest av1

I'm just going to bed after celebrating Monchi's appointment. This is a huge statement  for Villa going forward and it surprises me that on a day when NSWE reunited two guys who are at the top of world football, I have to search back to page two to find this thread. NSWE are the two people who have made this happen. Let's give them the full appreciation they deserve. I'm putting it at the top of page one where it should be!

• Like 4

There are a lot of heads now and I'm keen to understand the structure here. Does anyone have any thoughts or see it differently to my assumptions below?

Heck - Commercial focus. Does he also have responsibility for running the club day to day? Will he take responsibility for the VP redevelopment?

Monchi - Everything football goes through him. So does this mean; the structure of the academy, the scouting network, the facilities at Bodymoor Heath, the dieticians, the medical team etc.? How about international?

Lange - Now in a global role, but how does he relate to Monchi? Does he report to him or sit alongside? If the latter, how does his role differ? Presumably Monchi will have a say on international affairs?

Unai - Does he now report into Monchi, or does he work alongside him? How does he work with Lange, or doesn't he?

Vidagny - DoF for Unai, presumably helps him to solve all of the problems that he needs, so UE can focus on football?

NSWE - Starting to shape their vision, but surely it would have been easier to have only one role reporting into them e.g. CEO. Now that they have three, maybe four voices to consider, maintaining that vision might prove more difficult unless they are more hands on themselves.

Edited by Tubby

1 hour ago, Tubby said:

Will he take responsibility for the VP redevelopment?

Said in the development thread they should have appointed a 3rd party as a project manager to take the responsibility away from those at the club, they'll no doubt have someone as the "client" but their involvement depends on their general interest in construction, might attend the monthly project meeting or just get sent the minutes along with the cost report which again is done by a 3rd party

My current project the client has been there once in six months as we're still in the ground, they tend to come more once thr frame is up or once it's water tight and they can visualise it and then they come and make changes just before the finishes, the contractor probably gives them a sample board or panel to make them feel involved

Probably one days work a month if they employ a good PM and it goes well

• Like 1

I think they appointed someone from Trivandi a while back to lead the VP redevelopment

EDIT: A guy called James Lamb. Looks like he initially got involved working for Trivandi at the very early stages, we employed him here as Head of Venue Development on secondment and now he's working solely for us as Head of Estates Development and Project Director.

I assume Purslow's role was more dealing with the council (poor guy)

Edited by wishywashy

I think that NSWE have been waiting patiently for the club to reach the point we're at. Villa have now arrived at the "lift off" stage where our owners are able to implement big structural changes they have been planning to facilitate considerable growth over the next "five years".

What I find hugely exciting is their intention to be available to the 'operations team' on a day to day basis. With a lot of owners this might be a worrying thing, but Nassef and Wes are very accomplished and powerful businessmen who will sit effectively at the top of our new operations structure.

We now have seven top professionals driving Villa onwards and upwards.  

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

I think that NSWE have been waiting patiently for the club to reach the point we're at. Villa have now arrived at the "lift off" stage where our owners are able to implement big structural changes they have been planning to facilitate considerable growth over the next "five years".

What I find hugely exciting is their intention to be available to the 'operations team' on a day to day basis. With a lot of owners this might be a worrying thing, but Nassef and Wes are very accomplished and powerful businessmen who will sit effectively at the top of our new operations structure.

We now have seven top professionals driving Villa onwards and upwards.  

They're also two businessmen with acumen in the sports world as well. If you look at nigh on all other owners in the premier League, for example, there's very little if any actual knowledge, understanding or experience within sport. Every position of management in place now is someone with experience on the international stage of sport, right up to the owners Nas and Wes themselves.

Edited by stewiek2
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

They're also two businessmen with acumen in the sports world as well. If you look at nigh on all other owners in the premier League, for example, there's very little if any actual knowledge, understanding or experience within sport. Every position of management in place now is someone with experience on the international stage of sport, right up to the owners Nas and Wes themselves.

You really have to pinch yourself to believe the position we are in at the moment

even so, I still get the feeling of impending doom, sadly, this is a byproduct of supporting the Villa over many years 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Tubby said:

There are a lot of heads now and I'm keen to understand the structure here. Does anyone have any thoughts or see it differently to my assumptions below?

Heck - Commercial focus. Does he also have responsibility for running the club day to day? Will he take responsibility for the VP redevelopment?

Monchi - Everything football goes through him. So does this mean; the structure of the academy, the scouting network, the facilities at Bodymoor Heath, the dieticians, the medical team etc.? How about international?

Lange - Now in a global role, but how does he relate to Monchi? Does he report to him or sit alongside? If the latter, how does his role differ? Presumably Monchi will have a say on international affairs?

Unai - Does he now report into Monchi, or does he work alongside him? How does he work with Lange, or doesn't he?

Vidagny - DoF for Unai, presumably helps him to solve all of the problems that he needs, so UE can focus on football?

NSWE - Starting to shape their vision, but surely it would have been easier to have only one role reporting into them e.g. CEO. Now that they have three, maybe four voices to consider, maintaining that vision might prove more difficult unless they are more hands on themselves.

I think Nassef is going to be more hands on.  He is attending far more games these days  , was the catalyst for getting Emery as well. 

So this might he how he wants it.  Nothing glossed over . He gets both the football and business updates directly from the person responsible. So he can understand wtf is going on at any point without a layer between him. 

8 hours ago, Tubby said:

I do feel that there is a gap with Purslow leaving, particularly in the stakeholder engagement side of things (e.g local Council, PL meetings, developers). It could do with someone under or alongside heck to deal with some of these things. 

5 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

I do feel that there is a gap with Purslow leaving, particularly in the stakeholder engagement side of things (e.g local Council, PL meetings, developers). It could do with someone under or alongside heck to deal with some of these things. 

I wonder if Nicola Ibbotson will pick up more of that? 

It feels like NSWE have really spotted the potential of the stage we're currently at. If we don't achieve reliable CL status within the next few years, it won't be for not trying.

If only Ellis and Lerner had put so much thought and investment into our staff structure when we were knocking on the door of fourth under Little and MoN. Nevermind, here's to our NSWE future!

Edited to correct the owner - manager timeline!

Edited by brommy
Stupidity.
  • Like 1

My worry is the villa owners realise that can't compete with this level of blatant cheating assisting Man City Chelsea etc and sell up, who would blame them.

It's like 2008 and Randy/Man City all over again.

• Like 2

On 17/06/2023 at 10:27, wishywashy said:

I think they appointed someone from Trivandi a while back to lead the VP redevelopment

EDIT: A guy called James Lamb. Looks like he initially got involved working for Trivandi at the very early stages, we employed him here as Head of Venue Development on secondment and now he's working solely for us as Head of Estates Development and Project Director.

I assume Purslow's role was more dealing with the council (poor guy)

Yeah I would expect it would be done all out of house. The last internal project done by Villa was the Witton Lane stand 30 years ago. 

We still need someone to be the public face of the project like Purslow, and doing all of the political work.

Â