The NSWE Board

Guest av1

6 minutes ago, Tayls said:

I think it’s justified right now Rugeley, simply by allowing Purslow to stick with Gerrard is demonstrating a lack of ambition. Then sanctioning funds for stadium/Infrastructure projects will be meaningless if we can’t a proper coaching/playing system going. 

We are too emotionally involved to make decisions like sacking people and getting rid of players . I get Gerrard is turning into a big negative , but they deserve a bit of patience with this one..

• Like 1

I think it’s easy to question what we do not know. I’m desperately trying not to confuse silence with inaction.

I’m hopeful our owners are sounding people out ready to take over. It seems to be their MO from previous as I recall things went very quickly between Smith and Gerrard. The days of sacking one and having a week or two of speculation over his replacement seem in the past. 

They’re investing heavily in the club via the stadium and the globalisation of the ‘Villans’ brand with their new MLS franchise bid. I don’t think they’ve given up interest at all. Just, hopefully, operating in the background. 

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

Hasn’t Jesus Christ got bigger problems in the world than Aston Villa? 😂

Surely the world has bigger issues he can focus on like famine and disease although I appreciate his Villa support.  

There was me thinking Prince William was our biggest named supporter. 😂

edit: I bet he backs our CEO though given he’s Christian.  

I’ll get my coat.

It’s fine I’ve found it for you….

image.gif.58f9f1d1376dea4fa92a9fd698d077b3.gif

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Ahh, that’s the 2 appointments made by Purslow, not NSWE.  

NSWE have only appointed Purslow.

Depends how hands on they are though, could easily have final say on a few options as manager/head coach.

19 hours ago, Mister_a said:

I think the entire US stock market being down 25% year to date, as well as adidas being down 56% ytd  may have dampened their enthusiasm? They must be down a few quid.

Hasn't Edens' worth grown exponentially over the past few years?

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Interesting some podcasts are now calling them out as well as this has gone on too long

I was listening to the Villa view wondering if Purslow or anyone else at the club would ever listen to that or another podcast to gauge fan sentiment, probably not…

Why are they immune to criticism for some? 

Yeah they invested big in the beginning but so did Lerner. 

Being a good owner isn't about spending money. It's about making good decisions which is killing us. 

Our recruitment under NSWE has been abysmal. They have put an egocentric CEO in charge of major footballing decisions. 

I'm sorry but just as Purslow they need to be called out. 

Edited by Pinebro
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Why are they immune to criticism for some? 

Yeah they invested big in the beginning but so did Lerner. 

Being a good owner isn't about spending money. It's about making good decisions which is killing us. 

Our recruitment under NSWE has been abysmal. They have put an egocentric CEO in charge of major footballing decisions. 

I'm sorry but just as Purslow they need to be called out. 

They are not immune to criticism but at the same time have a lot good faith in the bank. 

The SG appointment has proven to be a poor choice. The bit in bold is at best very debatable though.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Vancvillan said:

They are not immune to criticism but at the same time have a lot good faith in the bank. 

The SG appointment has proven to be a poor choice. The bit in bold is at best very debatable though.

Agree with all of that.

Recruitment has been absymal. Laughable

Â