The NSWE Board

Guest av1

6 minutes ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

It’s easy to get caught up in ecstasy after buying a great player for a club record fee, but these guys really aren’t satisfied as being also rans are they?

Genuinely never been as excited to be a Villa fan, not even in Lerners first couple of seasons. Nassef and Wes have saved this club.

Lerner just seemed to splash money around. 

These guys have a proper actual plan, not just buzzwords. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

It’s easy to get caught up in ecstasy after buying a great player for a club record fee, but these guys really aren’t satisfied as being also rans are they?

Genuinely never been as excited to be a Villa fan, not even in Lerners first couple of seasons. Nassef and Wes have saved this club.

Nope.

They are far from satisfied with 11th by the looks of it.

Next season top half got to be the target

The only similar signing we seemed to make under Lerner was Young, who was a fantastic signing. Other than that it was all MON's expensive premier league experienced favourites and we ended up those long garbage contracts. 

The scouting network we have now seems so much better and the philosophy between the owners, Purslow and the manager all seems to align. I know we finished 6th 3 times in a row but I feel like our base to improve from here is so much stronger. 

• Like 1

I just like how we are going about our business. Signing players who push us forward and knowing the players we have can improve. 

The signings we made after we came up were much derided. But look at Luiz, Targett, El Ghazi, Konsa, Mings they'd all be worth more now than when we signed them. Heaton was also a great signing and Wesley was unlucky with the injury. Nakamba has done a job too.

Then the signings last summer were fantastic, just superb. 

Edited by CVByrne
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

The only similar signing we seemed to make under Lerner was Young, who was a fantastic signing. Other than that it was all MON's expensive premier league experienced favourites and we ended up those long garbage contracts. 

The scouting network we have now seems so much better and the philosophy between the owners, Purslow and the manager all seems to align. I know we finished 6th 3 times in a row but I feel like our base to improve from here is so much stronger. 

The problem under Lerner and MON was how the club was run. MON given total control over signings basically and no thought around sustainability. FFP did ultimately kill us though, Lerner would have spent to keep us in the Prem if it was allowed

• Like 1

It's worth noting three years ago we avoided the tax bill by reaching the emergency agreement with HMRC to avoid going into liquidation

Edited by Pissflaps
Spelling
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Fans of other teams truly don't get it.

Loving the thinly veiled jealousy. Wasn't it "mind the gap" this time last year?

Oh boy a Wolves fan talking about FFP. Please check their books.

Few of the replies saying Grealish sold. Whatever helps them sleep at night lol

Edited by Kiwivillan

4 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

It's worth noting three years ago we avoided the tax bill by the reaching the emergency agreement with HMRC to avoid going into liquidation

Incredible how far we've come. Eternally grateful. And there's so much more to come.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, villalad21 said:

These guys aren't gonna stop until we are a top 4 club are they?

Absolute legends. 

Got to hope that they've bought in to us with their eyes open, they must know that the jump from mid table to EL to CL is absolutely monstrous 

There's been a few clubs that have done what we've done to date, it's the next steps where they seem to be hit by reality and fall away 

That's why I hope what we're seemingly doing differently, the academy infrastructure, works and gives us som quality players 

It's almost like they knew what they were doing when they put a FFP expert in charge of running the club rather than clowns on twitter 

And I love it when fans use assets to determine their owners wealth, Fosun are worth $102bn...may be but they aren't selling their Chinese construction companies to buy wolves a footballer, its completely irrelevant, geordies are the same with their potential overlords 

Edited by villa4europe

25 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

It's worth noting three years ago we avoided the tax bill by the reaching the emergency agreement with HMRC to avoid going into liquidation

I will never forget that....pinch me.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Fans of other teams:

image.png.24b1d27f154f882430a0aec99f016c3c.png

40 M isn't even that much if you compare to the elite clubs.

Man U payed 80 M for Maguire didn't they?

Edited by villalad21

Â