Christian Purslow

villan-scott

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Or far more likely, a consensus had been reached between all relevant parties before the game that this was last chance saloon and all agreed he would be sacked if we lost the game. 

Meanwhile Sawiris stormed out of the game because he was angry about the performance.  Which is an isolated and unrelated thing because Gerrard was already going to be sacked anyway. 

Or maybe Sawiris Stormed out of the match and organised a conference call with Edens that Purslow jumped in on and the all jointly agreed there and then that he was sacked. 

Or maybe Sawiris stormed out and called Edens and agreed to sack him and told Purslow this was their decision which Purslow then agreed and said he was going to recommend anyway. 

Or maybe they had all jointly decided to sack him a couple of weeks ago and were currently waiting for a new manager before doing the deed but Sawiris was so angry he decided to just do it straight away. 

Or maybe Sawiris stormed out early but had calmed down by the end of the game and decided to spare Gerrard but Purslow then spoke to him and advised him he was now recommending his dismissal. 

It could have gone down in ANY of these ways and the truth is no one knows except for those involved. 

I have no reactions left so I just vanity quote you to lend my support to that utterly spot on post.

• Thanks 1

At this point it shouldn't matter who triggered the decision to relieve Gerrard of his duties or who broke the news. It doesn't matter either in the manner it as done. What matters is that action was taken and today a redemption of sorts came to fruition. That's all that really matters right now. We move on and hopefully upwards.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AshVilla said:

if we had drew with Fulham or lost by the odd goal Gerrard would probably still be here and we would have lost today.

It took a real tonking for his hand to be forced and i thank Luiz for that.

Team effort wasn’t it? Luiz took the red card, Cash caused the pen and Mings made the own goal. I thank them all today.

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, AshVilla said:

if we had drew with Fulham or lost by the odd goal Gerrard would probably still be here and we would have lost today.

It took a real tonking for his hand to be forced and i thank Luiz for that.

I was slammed for suggesting that a bad loss was what we needed, yet it has proven exactly what we needed. Every scraped point and hard fought 1 goal loss was ever more dangerous for us.

I still wish Chelsea had put another couple past us and we might be talking about 6 points instead of 3.

18 minutes ago, Kingman said:

It was at this moment when Christian realised, He knew he'd **** up! 

img_1_1666601707563.thumb.jpg.499ede363a34e43af1ef65b97b67df81.jpg

These photos need context, as that is my face when watching villa during a lull in the action. If it was taken when we scored a goal then that's a different matter! 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Kingman said:

It was at this moment when Christian realised, He knew he'd **** up! 

img_1_1666601707563.thumb.jpg.499ede363a34e43af1ef65b97b67df81.jpg

A still picture tells us very little. I’m not sure what agenda people are trying to push here. I’m sure we could find a picture of them both smiling during the game. It means nothing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

These photos need context, as that is my face when watching villa during a lull in the action. If it was taken when we scored a goal then that's a different matter! 

Shame on Lange and Purslow for not smiling enough! Lo and behold they might be critically analysing the game or simply the victims of the camera on them at the wrong moment. It was obviously cutting to them during game time, not post-celebration. It’s just getting weird now tbh.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, sidcow said:

Or far more likely, a consensus had been reached between all relevant parties before the game that this was last chance saloon and all agreed he would be sacked if we lost the game. 

Meanwhile Sawiris stormed out of the game because he was angry about the performance.  Which is an isolated and unrelated thing because Gerrard was already going to be sacked anyway. 

Or maybe Sawiris Stormed out of the match and organised a conference call with Edens that Purslow jumped in on and the all jointly agreed there and then that he was sacked. 

Or maybe Sawiris stormed out and called Edens and agreed to sack him and told Purslow this was their decision which Purslow then agreed and said he was going to recommend anyway. 

Or maybe they had all jointly decided to sack him a couple of weeks ago and were currently waiting for a new manager before doing the deed but Sawiris was so angry he decided to just do it straight away. 

Or maybe Sawiris stormed out early but had calmed down by the end of the game and decided to spare Gerrard but Purslow then spoke to him and advised him he was now recommending his dismissal. 

It could have gone down in ANY of these ways and the truth is no one knows except for those involved. 

I'll go with this one.

Â