Christian Purslow

villan-scott

Purslows got alot to answer for, that's the truth. If I has invested so much money in a football club only to see it pissed down the drain with Gerrard ball, I'd be onto Purslow to start looking for a new guy, or I'll get someone to do it myself if Purslow had too much investment in Gerrard.

I do believe, anyone other than Gerrard would have had the boot already.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PieFacE said:

I feel he and upper management are putting all the expansion work in great jeopardy by keeping Gerrard. The reason why there's such a waiting list for season tickets was due to all of the good work the club did under Smith to bring the "feel good" factor back. That is close to being gone now and will only diminish more the longer they keep Gerrard in this position. 

The one thing brummies hold dear is value for money. We don't do blind devotion. When the feel good factor was here and we were playing really good football our followers voted by having a mad stampede for season tickets. The cost of living crisis and our terribly boring football will have an equal effect but the opposite way. 

Purslow needs to see quickly that his project hasnt worked and get over it and replace him. Its not anything to be embarrassed about. Managers get sacked all the time.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PieFacE said:

I feel he and upper management are putting all the expansion work in great jeopardy by keeping Gerrard. The reason why there's such a waiting list for season tickets was due to all of the good work the club did under Smith to bring the "feel good" factor back. That is close to being gone now and will only diminish more the longer they keep Gerrard in this position. 

I didn’t renew and couldn’t be happier at the decision not to

• Like 1

Skeevy G was his appointment, and it's an anvil around the neck of the club.

It's been almost a year since the appointment and we are worse off.

We have regressed badly, fans are alienated, hope all but snuffed out entirely. 

We are doling out big pay packets for players who are underperforming.

This is when you either let rot settle in or cut out the rot.

Purslow is an asset, but probably not for the actual football stuff.

We need a DoF who knows what he is doing.

Purslow is protected by virtue of his stake in ownership. 

Keep him involved in the business areas, and get him out of the football area. 

Immediately. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Is this how its gonna be here guys? We have a bad patch and we gonna lambust the ceo??

How do you knew edens and sawiris are being patient and giving him abit more time?

Even if gerrard fails purslow has 2 appointments  with a 50% success ratio.  You dont sack your ceo on the basis of one bad managerial appointment. Come on guys.

Getting the appointment wrong is not the issue, it's the dragging of the feet to do anything about it. This time last year it was about "continuous improvement". We haven't improved an inch since then and it doesn't look like anything will be done about it any time soon.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Getting the appointment wrong is not the issue, it's the dragging of the feet to do anything about it. This time last year it was about "continuous improvement". We haven't improved an inch since then and it doesn't look like anything will be done about it any time soon.

But, but, but....it is not Purslow's decision.  If Sawiris and Edens want slippy gone, he will be gone.  For as long as he is still here, that can only be because the owners have decided to keep him in post.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Is this how its gonna be here guys? We have a bad patch and we gonna lambust the ceo??

How do you knew edens and sawiris are being patient and giving him abit more time?

Even if gerrard fails purslow has 2 appointments  with a 50% success ratio.  You dont sack your ceo on the basis of one bad managerial appointment. Come on guys.

Smith, Suso, Lange, Gerrard… For a club with European ambitions, those names aren’t that impressive (although Smith did a decent job).

13 minutes ago, Stephen_Evans said:

But, but, but....it is not Purslow's decision.  If Sawiris and Edens want slippy gone, he will be gone.  For as long as he is still here, that can only be because the owners have decided to keep him in post.

Is it not the CEO's decision? I wouldn't think NSWE would get their hands dirty on staff appointments/dismissals.

26 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Smith, Suso, Lange, Gerrard… For a club with European ambitions, those names aren’t that impressive (although Smith did a decent job).

Was suso a purslow appointment? Or a edens/sawiris appointment.  Or was it a collective agreement?

Dunno how you can throw lange as a failure in there.

Its bizarre you have even thrown smiths name in there as he although failed last year the man saved our club. Absolute master stroke appointment at the time

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Is it not the CEO's decision? I wouldn't think NSWE would get their hands dirty on staff appointments/dismissals.

We don't know for sure of course, but it was widely reported that Edens was the driver behind us offering the job to Henry.

Â