Christian Purslow

villan-scott

12 hours ago, NeilS said:

Wouldn’t the owners just buy out his small share if they wanted to?. I can’t imagine the shareholding makes Purslow bulletproof, it is more of a reward if we as a club do well.

Yeah, it’s very easy to clear minority shareholders out of a business. Doesn’t give them any control, it’s just a way to reward them for performance.

1 hour ago, NoelVilla said:

The more I think of it this guy need to be sacked because of his manager appointment.

People can make mistakes but to not sack somebody because he is a mate is a problem

Manager should have been axed last day of the season

12 hours ago, NeilS said:

Wouldn’t the owners just buy out his small share if they wanted to?. I can’t imagine the shareholding makes Purslow bulletproof, it is more of a reward if we as a club do well.

Yeah could well be, I have no idea how it works. Maybe a good thing that he won't go easy on Gerrard when the times comes if he's got a stake in the club.

31 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Could be what Purslow's after a payoff himself

I doubt that’s what he’s after, but I’m not sure him owning a small share will make much difference either.

Purslow is very rich. He certainly doesn’t need the Villa job for financial reasons and if his shares lost all their value it wouldn’t hurt him much. He’s at Villa because it’s an opportunity for him as a football fan to be involved with football on a high level, meet famous players, and maybe as a bonus be seen and talked about in the media. What he adds to the table is financial expertise.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

The only decision he has to make is whether to sack Gerrard at Villa Park this evening or at Bodymoor Heath on Monday morning. 

The new club crest can wait.

I’d go for both. Sacked tonight then a public flogging in the centre circle at Villa Park tomorrow. I’d make Purslow do the flogging too since he loves the limelight so much. 

P.S. he should also be yelling, “The man from Delmonti, says NO.”

Edited by DaveAV1

On 04/09/2022 at 12:14, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m not a fan. It just always feels like it’s more about Purslow than it is about Villa. Maybe I’m reading something that ain’t there. 

Yep. 

21 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It does seem like Purslow has too much power and trust from owners. But then I guess that’s the role of the CEO right?

I think so mate. You don’t keep a dog and bark yourself.

• Like 2

Â